what to get a 1 year old?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
got an invite yesterday to a mate's girl's 1st birthday. only problem is we're skint and dont know what to get her! i dont want to get clothes or toys really as everyone will get them, so am well stuck!

oh yea, and said mate is uber rich and she has everything she could ever hope for!!

any ideas on what to get her? what do people normally give for 1st birthday presents?

if not toys and clothes maybe a gift voucher? clarks gift voucher so they can put towards walking shoes?? even just £5 would be good for them urmmm..... cant think now lol

How about something like a baby bracelet she can keep as a keepsake? Im sure they are not very much x

I am not to sure but I can tell you the best toy Dec got for his 1st, Stacking cups!!! 1.99 and the child loves them, my sister little girl got them for her second and she still plays with them and she is 6!!!!!, it is the simple things kids love. Dec also got a little leapfrog book which reads the story for you I think it was 10.00 and he seems to like that to. At the end of the day it is the thought that counts not how much it cost. Hope you find something. xx

How about something like crayons and a scrap book, or maybe even some paints. Around 1 year old is fun to start doing art and craft... but it does depend on the parents a bit.

If they dont already have anything for art and craft I'd personally buy a water proof table cloth, a few big sheets of coloured cardboard, a cheap plastic paint pallet and yellow, blue and red paints. You could put that together for around $30 and I think it'd be a fairly impressive gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->