What to get for a 7 year old?

monkee12

Reaction score
My son will be 7 in a few weeks and I’m really struggling on ideas for him (I need double my girls list due to it being his birthday too) he isn’t a big fan of toys and doesn’t like loud noises either so musical toys are not really an option :( any recommendations?

What is he interested in? Lego is creative and quiet and not toys as such. Books are quiet too. Has he got a scooter or a bike?

What is he interested in? Lego is creative and quiet and not toys as such. Books are quiet too. Has he got a scooter or a bike?
He is into Gaming :( we bought playmobil for him but he said he doesn’t want anything like that anymore..so I’m going to sell it all and use the money for a bike. He also wants a skateboard so I’m getting him one of them. He already has an Xbox and I’m getting a switch as a joint gift with his sisters. Lego he doesn’t like (it’s also banned in my house as I end up stepping on it ](*,)) he likes toys that can go in water but that’s about it toy wise. He is autistic and sadly if he decides he doesn’t like something he won’t give in so it will just get out in the toy box and won’t get used x

My boys are hugely into gaming too and have recently discovered Minecraft, we had it for a while and they weren't interested in it at first. Of all the games they play on the xbox that one is at least creative so less mind numbing. Does yours have it already?

Well it sounds to me that with a new bike and a skateboard you already have two good main presents. He does sound difficult for some smaller presents though, I agree. I can only really come up with what my two haved liked so far:
They like books, Schleich dinosaur figurines and a few board games such as Battleships, Connect 4, Snakes and Ladders and Twister.
I gave one of them a microscope and he wanted a telescope too but the good ones were out of my budget.
They love the Lego xbox games and those do look fun and harmless but they are also very addicted to Plants V Zombies which is cute and not too violent for a shooting game.

I am guessing all these suggestions are just about stuff you probably have considered already. I am sorry I cannot be of more help but I hope you manage to find some nice things for him :)

Thanks Hun, he is really hard to buy for especially with his birthday being so close to Christmas. I’ve just had the Smyths catalogue so I’m hoping he may circle some stuff for me once he is home from school x

How does he feel about crafty/creative things? Playdoh, craft box, does he enjoy dressing up?

Play doh freaks him out, I could get him some craft bits and see how he does with it. It’s just so difficult :( I thought I was doing well but then he decided to tell me he doesn’t like playmobil and I had bought the pirate ship, camper van, helicopter etc :(

Dressing up he won’t do, I can’t even get him to do world book day etc x

Aw no :( its really difficult when their interests are so narrow.

It’s a really hard age, my youngest will be 8 right before Christmas and she is not really into toys as much as she used to be, so it’s hard figuring out what to get her, she is just starting to get into gaming. So I will probably get her a couple of figures from the game she likes (Overwatch) but other than that I will get her a new duvet, sheet set, clothes, books and probably not much else.
My nephew is 7 and he really likes those geode things that you crack into, and digging treasure things. So I’ll probably get him some of those, sorry not much help, when my son was this age he loved toys like cars, Star Wars figures, Lego etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->