What to say back to people who question My fluff choices!

nervouspains

Love being a Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

So yes, I would just like to know what you say when you get the comments!

Heres a few of my disccusions:

'They have toxins in the nappies which were made to be taken out of tampons, but not sposies'

Answer given: 'Well its probably more harmful as that is inside your body, releasing toxins, the nappy doesnt do that, have you not seen the pampers advert? It has a new gel in the nappy which can hold 10 times its weight so no wee goes on your LO, while in a reusable your baby is just sitting in wee'

'They can affect the babies sperm'

Answer: 'Oh dont be stupid, how many cases do you know of men sueing nappy companys?'

'Well its better for the soft cotton to be next to his skin then paper'

Answer:'What so you think him having wee all over him is better then a nappy keeping it from his skin'

:shrug: Ladies please help me respond to the ignoramious! :coffee::nope:

Erm all i can say is, ignore them and do what you feel is right. Your baby looks cuddlier, fluffier and cuter, and is environmentally friendlier :haha:

My catch-all response to anyone who thinks they have a right to criticise me or judge my parenting choices:

"I looked into all the options and decided that this is the best choice for us. I do not judge you or criticise your parenting choices, so I would appreciate you showing me the same respect. If you can't do this, then I suggest you keep your judgemental opinions to yourself, as I'm not interested in hearing them."

I seriously cba arguing anymore. If someone is genuinely interested in (for example) cloth, then I'll happy explain the benefits, and why cloth works for us. If, however, they're only interested in being judgemental and rude, then I figure they are not worth the breath it would take me to explain my choice to them.

^^ good response from eala!

Ditto really. I really havent used any 'comebacks' as I really dont feel its anyone else's business and its not down to me to justify my choices to anyone!
Having said that, the only comments Ive had are from SIL and usually about the extra work in looking after them. To which Ive just said its fine (which it is) and left it at that. If anyone's really being that rude about it, do they perhaps have a bit of an issue about their own use of disposables?

I wouldnt worry tbh ... theyre not worth the energy! Jsut revel in your cute fluff and feel happy in your choice to use it :)

I may have to pm you my opinion on this one callie...me being ignorant and all :winkwink:

Eala- I like that, I might use it from now on!
I remember PinkClaire had some people commenting on her BLW, but her LO is fantastic at eating meals by himself!
I feed my man, but sometimes I do homemade pizza etc and he will eat that by himself, so I do a little BLW, mainly at lunch times so he can feed himself pasta etc.

Twigs my lovely friend you know your not AT ALL!! People think so many things, then when you actually have your baby so many things change, including your views!!
I only started using fluff as you know a couple of months ago, and I prob was a little ignorant to it at first, because I was uneducated about it, and since never using it before, I didnt know either or really!! I think, of course, spoises are a little more convinent & easier, but I feel better knowing 1 im helping the enviroment and 2 its nicer on my little mans skin, as well as looking cute when he is only in a fluffy bum and not paper!! :D xxxx

aww cheers luvvy...you were an easy one to turn to the fluffy side :winkwink: :haha:

and willing to learn and never had a rude opinion of it either...you had an open mind and you cant argue with that :hugs:

Thanks hunny :hugs:
Btw, LOVE your piccy! How cute does she look?! xxx

To the OP - Just tell them the truth, your own reasons for using cloth. If they judge you or make you feel stupid for it then its their loss for not being open minded about cloth :hugs:

Thanks ladies, you've made me feel more confident! its so true, whether or not there is an answer to give them back, its my choice to use fluff, they arent using it so they can keep there opionions to themselves! :D :thumbup: xxx

No-one has dared to be so rude as to question my choice so far but if they did they'd get the same answer I give out when people try lecturing me about traditional weaning or co-sleeping - "..because he's my baby, worry about your own :)".

:flower:

Its true, I dont know why some people, with and without kids, Think that they ahve the right to pass judgement on anyone elses choices!

funny how everyone has an opinion about how you should raise your own child..even people you dont know! My baby isnt born and people are telling me what I HAVE to do!

I still get it and shes 10months soon, I dont think it ever stops :/

Lol, even as soon as you tell someone pregnant, all of a sudden EVERYone knows what to do best lol x

I always use the analogy 'well you know at school you had that tracing paper loo roll that felt horrid well that's what disposables feel like after you've used fluff! That gets people everytime! Plus the cheapness my friends always go wow (I don't tell them about it becoming an addiction and taking over all your finances :haha:) plus they look so much nicer and all my friends who have seen them are converted!

Twigs you converted me as well! And now I'm converting other people, it's like a triangle of
Cloth lol.

And as for BLW I've shut all the critics up now! I don't say anything, I just let them see for themselves xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->