What to use??

pinkbow

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
right well as LO has started eating now, he gets in a right state(blw here) and i dont like using wipes on him all the time, especially his face, plus i would go through loads lol...he had a bad bacteria infection on his face so want to use something soft and anitallergenic too...

but ive no idea what?? lol can u lovely ladies help? what do u use?

oh ive tried cotton ball but they are useless and end up with fluff everywhere haha

:flower:

OBV (organic bamboo velour) or organic cotton would be my recommendation in a solution of chamomile tea. Certainly stick with natural organic fibres and nothing chemically.

If you're not looking to use reusable wipes, I know quite a few ladies who swear by these: https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/100/74/jackson-reece-herbal-wipes
:flower:

Thanks for these ladies, gonna check them out!

guess im a little bit more worried about things going on my LOs skin after his ordeal and also to be a bit more eco friendly rather than buying pack after pack of pampers wipes lol

we BLw too and for face/body cleans ups i use a cloth and bowl of warm water (u could add a touch of something to the water i guess...i don't usually bother tho). I just use squares of fleece as a cloth but u could make ur own cloths from some like bamboo so its all soft for his face.
...for the rest of mess i scoop it into a pile and pick it up with a bit of recycled kitchen towel :p

I use our cloth wipes for everything, including cleaning the boys faces. We have flannel/obv ones from this lady, they are great and super cute prints too

https://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656999

I bought a load of flannels from Ikea and use those for hands/face/table/highchair then the floor, lol, then stick it in the wash. One flannel for each meal. I have a bowl that she washes her hands in which I just put warm water anything in depending on what I feel like/what is closest (chamomile tea/soap nut solution/eco washing up liquid/baby bath etc).

I use cloth wipes for her bum but I prefer the flannels for food as they are bigger, if I had some really big wipes I would use those.

:)

Thanks for that hun, im up for making them myself, especially if it will benefit LO and his skin etc

where do you get ur material from?

I use Nature Babies washable wipes, 'cos they're just the right size, and I like the fleece/toweling combo. Once someone came and left a packet of disposable wipes (extremely well known company beginning with J) open and upside down on my dining table.When I found the packet the next day, and picked it up, it took the varnish off the table, where the wipes had been in contact!!!

Not sure who you were asking about the material, I got a load of minkee for my wipes from ebay, I made some terry ones with old terry squares, but you can get any material you like off the internet, lol.

ebay is great for material or u could always upcycle/recycle some soft fleecey or cotton clothing, blankets or sheets to make ur own wipes-just use a material that doesn't frey (fray? sp?) and u dont need to sew/ overlock edges. my mum used to do it all the time. went i was little we had tones of flannels made form old towels and dish cloths/ polishing cloths made from old sheets etc.

Thanks guys, was speaking to my mum as she used terry nappies and such like on me and my bro when younger and also washcloths etc so is going to show me what she did yay!!! and ive had a lookie on ebay and ur right there is alot of material and things, so thanks alot...its quite exciting...oh boy how sad have a become lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->