What to wear for a wedding

squizzlew

Reaction score
Hi i am going to a wedding at the beginning of June when baby will be somewhere between six and two weeks old (depending when it arrives) my intention is to breastfeed does anyone have any suggestions what I could wear I don't want to spend loads but would like something nice it's the sort of wedding where everyone will be really dressed up the theme is a masquerade ball.

Thanks

I think as long as you wear a dress with maybe a v sort of neck line so you can pull the dress down at the front. Just make sure it is a bit elasticy or has a bit of slack there's no reason why you'd need to wear anything drastically different as long as you can pull it down.

Also I'm not sure whether you have previous children that you breasted or not but at only two weeks old it might be quite hard work to get the latch just right! (I know it was for me- there was no way I could be discreet to get her latched on correctly in public, and at three months now I've only just mastered it) obviously if you don't mind not being discreet you'll be fine or you might get a good latcher :)

I was a bridesmaid when LO was three months old and wore a halter neck dress. I expected it to be difficult but it was really great. It had nice long ties at the neck so I undid it, dropped one side and left the other side as if it was still tied, with the tie hanging down the other side of my neck. Another mum was there doing exactly the same thing in a halter neck. I'd taken a pashmina to drape in case it was needed but it wasn't :)

Thanks for the replies unfortunately halternecks are no good for me I have yet to find one that doesn't give me really bad neck ache but might try a stretchy v neck. This will be my second and I although I never had any problems with latching breastfeeding my first was hell due to her having a tongue tie, will take a nice pashmina to cover up with or use my sling just trying to work out what would be best for access and me having a newborn baby belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->