What toys do you wish your kids were not into?

Jessica60

Reaction score
im so glad my kids arent into lol or num nums or other plastic tat collectible stuff

But....

I just wish they weren't into wanting every cuddly toy in the world. My house is full of huge boxes of cuddly toys but they won't part with them and guess what they want even more for Christmas. Some of them just lie around getting dusty.

Oh and I wish the oldest wasn't into smiggle stuff. It's so expensive for what it is. We have smiggle bags, water bottles, lunch boxes, pencils cases, hundreds of rulers and pens, the list goes on.

For my older two it is Pokémon cards, I was never into collectible cards so I don't know what the fuss is about and they both have tins and folders full of them lol

And my youngest would be the LOL dolls, so much packaging for such a small toy!!

Slime and glitter! It gets everywhere!!

Fecking LOLs. :dohh: My daughter LOVES them. This year I have decided to put her together a bundle but I've bought 95% of them used/new out of packet off Facebook selling groups and Ebay because...

1) I know which ones she is getting, no duplicates.

2) The amount of plastic packaging on them is absolutely shocking!

My son doesn't play with toys but I wish he didn't have his heart set on a submersible Titanic (he is autistic and has a special interest in the ship and her sister ships) because I can only find it on Ebay for around £1000! :shock: He is desperate for it though.

I can't believe the amount of packaging that comes off LOLs!

OH absolutely hates slime where as I love it and bought the girls lots of it this year :haha:

I wish DD1 wasn't into Sylvanians a couple of years ago as we're now stuck with broken and missing bits due to DD2, but she plays with it. I hate parts being missing, it makes me extremely anxious. She's not into toys, but now fully committed to Roblox/Minecraft on PC which she asks for microtransactions.
LOL's are DD2's biggest hit, I love opening them but they are expensive for what they are. I totally agree with the packaging too, it becomes useless as soon as the dolls are out.

Those LOL dolls make me glad I have boys, the cost of the little sets I've seen is crazy.

There's not really anything I can think of. I wish ds1 and ds2 were in to more stuff so I had more choice of things to buy. Ds1 is mainly his video games and ds2 is mostly his sports, one is expensive and the other leaves little choice without getting boring and repetitive.

Oh god I’ve a few !
Slime
Play doh
Lols
Cuddly toys !

Theres not really anything I hate. I don't let them have slime, unless we are at someone elses house :haha:
The only thing that really annoys me is the playmobil, as Rio will want it all set up in exact places, people in rooms they should be etc, play with it for 5 minutes then hes done! Total waste of my life lol.

DH says that about anything that requires setting up and building, he spends ages making it and then they only play for a bit

Nerf guns. They do my head in.

Some of them are lethal! DD2 wanted one for her birthday so DH went out with her. She can't work it and neither can I. It's definitely not for indoors as it fires the balls really hard and the bounce off everything. I found a much smaller one for her :)

Slime I hate and now their arts and crafts. We have a drawer unit with all their pens, paper, glue, crafty bits etc. But they mess it all up and it all gets put back in the wrong places. Drives me insane the mess they manage to make.

Trains which are hard to find in the UK!!! Mainly chinese or American.

Theres not really anything I hate. I don't let them have slime, unless we are at someone elses house :haha:
The only thing that really annoys me is the playmobil, as Rio will want it all set up in exact places, people in rooms they should be etc, play with it for 5 minutes then hes done! Total waste of my life lol.
Our Playmobil keeps falling apart because the kids are heavy handed and trying to put it back together constantly is a nightmare. Also need to try and find the pieces

Some of them are lethal! DD2 wanted one for her birthday so DH went out with her. She can't work it and neither can I. It's definitely not for indoors as it fires the balls really hard and the bounce off everything. I found a much smaller one for her :)

Slime I hate and now their arts and crafts. We have a drawer unit with all their pens, paper, glue, crafty bits etc. But they mess it all up and it all gets put back in the wrong places. Drives me insane the mess they manage to make.

They really are! We had a disaster last xmas Morgan got a new shotgun type and Harvey fired it by accident and it hit Morgan in the eye and you hear so many horror story’s of people going blind off them. Thankfully he had blinked so it just hit his eyelid and he was okay after a few tears but it gave me a heart attack. I’ve bought them eye protection glasses for their stockings! Some of them fire out so fast!

I used to wish dd wasnt into LOLs as I've actually spent enough on them in the past 3ish years to go on an all inclusive holiday!!!!](*,)
She's not as LOL crazy now, so we dont even buy the balls, shes just having the "amazing surprise" and bubbly surprises for Christmas so it's not as costly! Plus those little shoes/outfits drove me mad!!

I also wished ds wasnt into Ryan's World toys! They seemed really rubbish at first after we bought our first toy egg which contained a bouncy ball, a squishy figure, some slime and sticker for £15 :shock:
They seem to have improved this year though... we've actually spent over £100 on Ryan's World so I hope he will be impressed!!

I could write a huge list about DD! She seems to hoard cuddly toys, I'm surprised she can get into get into bed! I've told her to sort the ones she doesnt care for which I know theres lots, and her answer is she loves them all hahaha.

Also slime and slime kits, she makes a bloody mess with it!

I used to wish dd wasnt into LOLs as I've actually spent enough on them in the past 3ish years to go on an all inclusive holiday!!!!](*,)
She's not as LOL crazy now, so we dont even buy the balls, shes just having the "amazing surprise" and bubbly surprises for Christmas so it's not as costly! Plus those little shoes/outfits drove me mad!!

I also wished ds wasnt into Ryan's World toys! They seemed really rubbish at first after we bought our first toy egg which contained a bouncy ball, a squishy figure, some slime and sticker for £15 :shock:
They seem to have improved this year though... we've actually spent over £100 on Ryan's World so I hope he will be impressed!!

Arghhhhh Ryan's world toys are such a bloody rip off! I cant believe the price on them for what you actually get inside :haha:

I could write a huge list about DD! She seems to hoard cuddly toys, I'm surprised she can get into get into bed! I've told her to sort the ones she doesnt care for which I know theres lots, and her answer is she loves them all hahaha.

Also slime and slime kits, she makes a bloody mess with it!

This is my DD with the cuddly toys! She is happy to sleep in the tiniest gap in bed and then all her cuddly toys have the rest of the space. She's got so many she's had to start stacking them in layers now and she spends ages putting them to bed each night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->