What twin pregnancy symptoms did you experience early on?

hmommy219, I conceived through IUI. The first IUI had about 7 follies and I got pg with 1, this IUI I had 3 follies and got pg with 2.

I noticed that your beta was 1001, I don't know when 13dp3dt is. Is that comparable to DPO?

I was 202 on 13dpo and 536 on 15dpo. I did my u/s at 5 weeks and they said that everything was fine but I was told the same thing last time so I am still worried.

I noticed that your beta was 1001, I don't know when 13dp3dt is. Is that comparable to DPO?

I was 202 on 13dpo and 536 on 15dpo. I did my u/s at 5 weeks and they said that everything was fine but I was told the same thing last time so I am still worried.

13dp3dt is the equivalent of 16dpo. :) mine was ridiculously high. Yours is great!! Betas don't mean much unless they're terribly low (ex: 15). My beta with my singleton was 96 at 16dpo. Keep your feet warm!! Chinese acupuncture claims that the feet are directly connected to the uterus so warm feet=warm uterin environment for embryos to thrive :)

Good to know about the feet. It's been really hot here lately so keeping them warm is no issue.

I go for my second u/s Tuesday (6 weeks) so have my fingers crossed.

I just noticed you're 37 days to go. Wow, the finish line is fast approaching.

This is my first pregnancy, and I'm having identical twins. I am 33 and we weren't trying to get pregnant. My initial symptoms were cramps like menstrual cramps, so I kept expecting my period. I had a positive test about 5 days after my missed period, but my doctor brought me in due to the cramping. I had a really high hcg with nothing on the u/s and they were prepping me for a miscarriage. (Turns out I just have a really long cycle, like 34 days.)
When I came back a few weeks later at 6 weeks (by then i was experiencing serious nausea) there were two heartbeats!
I haven't gained a lot of weight since I've been so sick, but I'm now almost 15 weeks and still horribly nauseous. Hopefully it eases up soon.

warm feet! this is what my GP has suggested me as well, keep your feet warm!!!

3 days of blazing OPKS at O time, BFP at 8DPO, 2-3 on digi indicator at 12dpo! <<< had me wondering if it was twins

Lots of cramping, nausea that was cured with dry food every hour and half/ 2 hours, fatigue and frequent peeing, but nothing out of the ordinary to what i see as a typical pregnancy i don't think, if anything better than some singleton pregnancies who are suffering terrible with MS and serious food aversions. <<< This had me thinking it wasn't because i felt pretty good lol x

Just read these posts. I know it's old. It didn't want to read and run! Last pregnancy I had a really heavy feeling down below, sort of like period pains but it must have just been stretching etc. didn't have this with the 1st. Had bad aches sometimes. Oh yes and had to eat nearly every hour to stop feeling sick. That was with a boy and a girl.

I am pregnant again and go for my scan a week weds, would love it to b twins as my little girl didn't make it last time. Been reading all ur symptoms an thinkin 'tick, I have that' 'tick!' 'Tick! Tick! Tick!' Plus got the stretching goin on again.... Xx

Do u think having twins previously can increase chances of twins again?

I have read on multiple sites that having carried twins previously increases your chances of conceiving twins again, so yes, I do believe your odds are up! :)

I am still waiting too... and going crazy!! I can't do anything until Wednesday when I see my mw, and will discuss what she said about having a 12 week quick scan (beginning of October). I'm sure she'll have a listen with the doppler to see if she can make out 2 heartbeats, I don't know if their dopplers are usually better than any of the ones we can order from various companies, I'm sure hers will be better than mine... although mine must be ok if I have been able to pick up at least one heartbeat since 8w4d! It's just so hard this early on to tell if I can hear an overlapping fast heartbeat. Maybe one is a couple of days behind in development or something, I don't know. Or maybe I still am delusional and there really is only 1 in there, lol.

I was just going through all these comments/replies too because I wanted to compare my symptoms to those here... It seems I have much in common with many of the others who have had twins or are currently carrying twins! I don't know if that makes me feel more or less crazy! lol

Just read these posts. I know it's old. It didn't want to read and run! Last pregnancy I had a really heavy feeling down below, sort of like period pains but it must have just been stretching etc. didn't have this with the 1st. Had bad aches sometimes. Oh yes and had to eat nearly every hour to stop feeling sick. That was with a boy and a girl.

I am pregnant again and go for my scan a week weds, would love it to b twins as my little girl didn't make it last time. Been reading all ur symptoms an thinkin 'tick, I have that' 'tick!' 'Tick! Tick! Tick!' Plus got the stretching goin on again.... Xx

Do u think having twins previously can increase chances of twins again?

Not having been pregnant before, I can only compare to friends etc but other than strong lines on HPT straight away (11dp3dt) I didn't have symptoms any different to singleton mums. In fact two of my pregnant friends have had much worse sickness, bloating etc than me. We don't have Beta readings here so I don't know about that. I personally don't think you can 'symptom spot' twin pregnancies I'm afraid :shrug:

X

I think u can only compare ur own pregnancies as everyone is different. And it's somethin to do while ur waiting for a scan. I do t even feel pregnant anymore :0( proper nothin! Hoping it's a good thing and that I'll b lucky to not suffer with any symptoms x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->