• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was helpful or made your life easier?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So there are a ton of threads about what baby items were a waste of money, but I don't see many that talk about what items you loved and made your life easier?

I know babies only need love, diapers and a place to sleep :)haha:), but seriously - tell me what item(s) you just loved?

A Fisher Price Rainforest vibrating bouncer. Oz spent most of his sleeping hours in it! And if he wouldn't go down in the cot he would be bounced in that and off to sleep he's go in seconds! And we got so excited when he could reach the animals and the handle to make the music and animal sounds start!

A Tigger door bouncer

xxx

Ooo, I've seen that rainforest one. It looks good! :)

Ooo, I've seen that rainforest one. It looks good! :)

Save your clubcard vouchers up and wait for when you can get £10 from £5 and buy it from Tesco! That's where we got a lot of stuff - without spending a penny! xxx

I'm in the U.S., but thank you for trying to help me. :D

Swaddler wraps, essentially a blanket with velcro to easily keep your baby swaddled.
I also found a boppy pillow to be a great relief when breastfeeding and it worked great for tummy time later.

baby glider or baby swing... They were a life saver for my previous 2 children!

A wipe warmer. My kids both hated diaper changes unless the wipes were warm. :)

I second the swaddle me wraps! Oxyclean for getting stains out! When baby started solids I loved bumpkins brand bibs the best. This is not "essential" but I love wubbanub pacifiers. I also really like the jjcole bundle me for car seat/ stroller. Those were some of my favorites :)

Sleeping gowns! They make them for girl or boys. When they are infants and you are having to change them In the middle of night it was so easy to just pull the gown up and change other than messing with a footed sleeper where you have to take legs out, get them back in ect. We co slept so rolling over in the dark and feeding and changing baby was easy and baby wasn't over stimulated and went right back to bed!

Both my boys loved the fisher price swings. My first didn't like bouncers but my second did.

My first didn't take a pacifier but my second did at bed time and the wubbanub was a life saver! They spit them out and fiddling around in the dark for a single pacifier was a pain! But with the wubbanub it wouldn't go far and it was attached to something bigger so easier to find in the dark.

With my first a baby carrier was a must!! With my second he never really liked it!

So as you can see each kid is different what they'll want or like. So for sure get sleeping gowns! Seriously :haha:

Baby leggings are great! They're the item of clothing my baby sister wore the most when she was younger. She hated pants, so all year long her outfit at home was a shirt, a diaper, and baby leggings. Kept her little knees from being scratched on the hard floor, and were more freeing than "real clothes".

Muslin cloths!

I would go into melt down if I didn't have at least 3 spare ones. They were brilliant for moping up spills/sick and saved me so many outfit changes!

Muslins, sling (we used a mei tai) jumperoo when a bit older were the things that made the most difference!

I can only think of things that worked a short while like a wrap, hes took big now and struggles but that helped when I was able to cook and walk around in earlier days and the bumbo seat when I needed loo was ok till they figured out how to get out fast. I dont use any other things, apart from pram. oh and them cheap leggings, love them. I have loads for our ones and they get passed down so even though they cheap they still last. I have more ordered now. Comfy, easy to change and can wear in bed too.

A dog was useful to clear up mess from weaning lol

Just FYI for those that love the leg warmers.. You can EASILY make our own pair of leg warmers for the babes out of the adult long socks :) google it. Takes less than 5 minutes a pair.

Attachments

• leg1.jpg
    leg1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 4
Muslin great for laying under babies head tucked into the Moses basket for when their sick then you only need to change the muslin rather than the interior sheet. Also great for feeding. Bouncy chair, baby monitor so you an get them into a bedtime routine early!! Infacol for bringing up wind.

I know alot of ladies have mentioned muslin blankets/cloths...i had registered for some of these, but the ones they sell here locally are mainly aden and anais which are like, 35.00 for 4...well i came across a great deal yesterday, if anyone is close to an Ollie's bargain outlet (they are mainly PA, NJ, a few in Ohio, etc) they have a baby buyout of crib bedding (lots of "Too Good" by Jenny)..two pack muslins for 3.99 each....i was so excited to get them for so cheap! they are super soft and for that price, i wont mind having to use them for sick or whatever :happydance:

Swing! DD was very mucusy so had trouble sleeping lying down. She loved to nap in the swing though!
Also BF pillow saved me from more tears when I was struggling with feeding early on.
Baby sleeping bags - she much preferred the cosiness of a sleeping bag to blankets. I'll use them right away this time I think.

A baby swing, only way my DD would sleep by herself in the beginning, and I'm unsure what they're called but those things that you strap onto yourself to hold the baby :haha: I call them snugglies but I dont know if thats the correct word :haha: my DD hated not being held so again was the only way she wouldn't cry if we were out shopping or going for a walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->