What Washing Powder?

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey girls, I just wondered what's the best washing powder to use for cloth nappies? At the moment I'm using something called Filetti for sensitive skin, but it doesnt leave any smell.. cant use fab softener in the nappy wash and so I just wondered how you all manage to get your nappies smelling gorgeous with bunging them up with products?!

I use bold 2 in 1 the softner is clay based so safe to use on nappies! :D And it smells nice :D

I use bold 2 in 1 the softner is clay based so safe to use on nappies! :D And it smells nice :D

Ah that's interesting to know! I thought softener was softener and therefore a complete no-no ;)
Thanks for that tip!!

Clay based is ok but oil based isnt! I 'think' its only bold that has clay based tho.. but unsure!!

I have Bold 2 in 1, which smells yummy :)

I also have just used Fairy Non-Bio (the powder) which seems to have a really nice smell of its own too.

I know some girls use soapnuts, and you can then put a few drops of whatever essential oil you like in the softner drawer, to give your nappies a scent. I've just got my free (well, pay postage, otherwise free) sample of soap nuts, so I'll be giving this a try :thumbup:

I didnt get on with soapnuts! Didnt get poop stains out!

Aah, I guess I'll find out one way or another! Thankfully haven't had any massively staining poo's yet :haha:

Thanks ladies, I think I'll get some Bold or Fairy powder tomorrow - I have Ariel Non Bio but in liquitab form and I'm assuming that using those would be a no-no :haha:

I use soapnuts, and really like them. Not fussed about stains because I tended to get them with Bold 2 in 1 anyway. I go over the worst ones with Vanish before I wash. But I am actually impressed by the softness and cleanliness with soapnuts, and the fact that the nappies smell of nothing but clean, fresh material afterwards. I don't use essential oils because I never noticed they made any difference to the smell.

I was having a look down the washing powder aisle and came across Surf and it has essential oils in...having read somewhere that it's ok to add a couple of drops of essential oil in the fab conditioner drawer, I thought I'd give the Surf a try :thumbup:

Thanks again for your help girls! :flower:

I recently made the swap from Fairy non bio to Bold 2 in 1, much prefer this.

Seems better with stains and my nappies smell lovely, fairy didnt leave any smell at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->