What weight is your 2 year old?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My son had his 27-30 month review today and got weighed. He's 14kg and 93cm tall which makes him technically overweight. The hv is useless and just scoffed (she was already annoyed at me because I didn't have my red book)

He's a solid boy and to me he's not 'fat' but I do get a lot of comments when I say he's 2.

What height and weight are your kids?

Edit: I don't go by the bmi calculator to determine health, I just wondered.

My 2 year old is 10 kg, she's quite petite though. Not sure how tall she is.

My coming up to 4 year old is 15 kg which I believe is just below average-ish. She is about 40 inches tall. So yeah, he's heavier but it doesn't mean he is unhealthy/overweight - all kids are different and so long as he is active and healthy, not struggling with physical activity, etc. I don't think it really matters?

He is active and eats well. Plenty fruit and veg, home cooked meals. Being in and out of hospital with his asthma and on lots of doses of steroids has limited his activity a little over the winter so maybe that hasn't helped. His sister is 4 years and 4 months 110cm and 18kg which is right in the middle of the scale.

My daughter is November born so is not long 2. She weighs 13kg and I think does look a bit chubby. She definitely isn't as active as her brothers but her diet is fine
ETA she is also tall, she's not much smaller than my 4 yr old really

My dd also born November so moving toward 2.5 weight 11 kg or 25 pounds at almost 27 months and was 34.5 inches tall but I know a little boy whose just 2 and weighs a minimum of 30 pounds and is probably closer to 36 inches or more. The difference is the little boys dad is over 6 ft tall whereas my dh is average height. According to growth charts she's on the smaller/average side but has a higher bmi. I think it's just normal for them to trade off and not much thought should be given to if they are chunky or thin. It will even out by childhood. Just give him plenty of time to play actively and feed him when he's hungry...

DD2 is nearly 2.5yrs, she weighs 12.5kg and is 91cm tall.

Mine are small, my 5.5 year old is 15.5KG and about 108cm, and my youngest (3 years, 10 months) is 12.5KG and just under 100cm.

If he is 2y 6m, that is 56th for length and 63rd for weight according to WHO charts. I would never ever ever call that child overweight! That sounds perfectly ordinary and average.

Thomas was 14kg and 88cm at 2y 1m and Sophie was 13.7kg and 83.5cm at 1y 11m. Much tubbier than your LO!

Emma in contrast is 19 months, 82cm and 10kg so she's slim compared to her siblings.

My little boy is 2 1/2 yrs old, at his review a couple months back he weighed 14.6kg and I think was 91cm tall. Health visitor said he was absolutely fine.
I wouldn't worry at all.

When my DS was 2.5 he weighed 15.4 kg and was 97 cm tall, and he never looked chubby or anything, now at 4 he is 19kg and 109 cm so he has kept on his curve.

DD on the other hand is almost 2 and weighs 11kg and is 84 cm tall.

Your son sounds perfectly in proportion and not overweight at all

My dd is 2.5. I can’t remember her weight or height but I know it’s 9th Centile for both, so she is tiny. She wears 9-12 and 12-18m clothes.

Thanks everyone. I always feel uneasy when I've been to the HV, and only ever go when I have to. Her reaction was ridiculous and telling me her was overweight was stupid, on looking at his sheet he's 14.6kg but for his height he's still within normal range. Not that it really matters as they go through growth spurts all the times.

Don't know why I let her bother me ��

Is your son not as tall as he is heavy? Meaning it looks from my estimation that he is high both on weight and height. Our son is the same; he is 80% for weight and close to 90% for height. He is solid and tough as nails! He rolls off his sister's bed (1 foot off the ground), climbs furniture, up and down stairs, etc., and he is only 13mo. I wouldn't consider your son overweight at all! I say take it with a grain of salt and as long as you're feeding him well, no worries!!!

Sort of related but we stopped seeing our initial doctor when our daughter was 6mo because every visit was negative and accusing...she is on the opposite end of the charts and was 5th% or so until 1 year old. I couldn't feed her more formula to save my life; we had a barrage of tests done and she is perfectly fine; just healthy and small! If you can switch care providers I would highly suggest it.

As a comparison, our son was 10.65 kg at and 79cm at 1 year old
Our daughter was 7.5kg and about 73cm at one year old

So 14kg equals to about 30-31 pounds, and that's totally normal for a toddler boy in the U.S. at least. The average two-year-old boy weighs 28 lbs, but that's right in the middle of the charts, so a pound or two more isn't a big deal at all. Especially if he's so tall! It just sounds like you've got a son who's destined to be taller, which is totally fine. He sounds healthy and happy to me. Every kid is different. My older DS has always been a little bigger than average and my younger one is smaller than average, but they've both been treated exactly the same. A lot of this is genetics.

I guess my daughter is considered "big" although she doesn't look it...

She's 22 months (not yet 2), and I would guess her weight and height are around 30lb and 32inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->