What would you do in this situation?

darkriver

Reaction score
I have always loved the name James. When I was pregnant with my little girl if she had been a boy I would have called him James Timothy. Anyway when I told my ohs nan she got really upset. Apparantly her ex who was abusive was called James. I do understand where she is coming from I would never call my son Peter for personal reasons. Would you change the name?

its up to you, what about changing it to something like Jamison?

No, I dont think you should change a name you love because of someone else's tragic experience (as harsh as that sounds.) Her ex having the name James doesnt mean your baby's going to turn out abusive if you name him that. And James is also a pretty common name. Everyone you meet is bound to have known one at some point in their lives, or at least known of one. Some may say good things, others might say negative things but I dont think that should affect how you feel about the name. I think its a nice name, and if you love it - go for it. :thumbup:

No, I dont think you should change a name you love because of someone else's tragic experience (as harsh as that sounds.) Her ex having the name James doesnt mean your baby's going to turn out abusive if you name him that. And James is also a pretty common name. Everyone you meet is bound to have known one at some point in their lives, or at least known of one. Some may say good things, others might say negative things but I dont think that should affect how you feel about the name. I think its a nice name, and if you love it - go for it. :thumbup:

I agree x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->