What would you do - shifting 100's of baby monitors

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
Do you think things like baby monitors would sell better separately or as a job lot? They're quite old. I need rid of them so bad, they're living in my wardrobe! Any ideas welcome!

I would imagine separately, but if they money doesn't matter and you just want rid then job-lot would be quicker and easier.

Money doesn't matter really. Infact my friend suggested I donate them to a hospital or something. Going to speak to my OH about it when he's home from work tonight. I just want them out of my house lol

I'd job lot them on ebay with a starting bid that = £1 each or give to a good charity shop.

Can I ask? (Tell me off if you don't wanna answer lol!) Why on earth do you have 100s of baby monitors in your wardrobe?

^^ was just guna ask same :haha:

do a carboot ?x

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only nosey one wondering why!
I think if you don't care about the money I'd sell them bulk just to get rid!

My OH mum worked with young mums and pregnant teens before she passed away and she had loads that she hadn't got around to giving out so now we've got them x

I'd probably donate them if that was the intention of your OH's mother really. But that's just me!

When I worked in care we used them to listen in on on residents who were epileptic or who may be at risk in other ways during the night. A care home might appreciate them if you were willing to give them as a donation.

You could phone somewhere like your local Autistic Society or Mencap and ask if they could put them to any use.

Alternative a local children's centre might be able to arrange for them to be passed on to people on a low income or who are in need in some way.

I'd donate them to a hospital myself. We use a baby monitor still because Tegan sometimes vomits overnight and has epilepsy so we have to be able to hear her. I'm sure there are other families that need them for similar things. Or just a sure start centre so they could be given to families on low incomes x

I'd donate them to a young people's/ woman's refuge etc I'm sure your mum would be so proud of you doing that :) I use to go to a teen group with my 1st son and they were a good send. X

I agree about donating them to your local women's refuge, i just donated my old set of cups/plates etc... x

I would donate them, but be warned most charity shops don't take electrical items. I should imagine the jobsworth NHS wouldn't take them either. Or put them on your local "freecycle" site to give them away. You could also sell them on ebay and give the proceeds to charity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->