What would you do with it?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
On Saturday I was out most of the day and night for my best friend's hen do. An awesome little break :flower: But it was the longest I've been away from my boy and I missed three feeds in total. I had been pumping like mad to get enough milk for the day and managed it comfortably.

So I was rather foolish and didn't take my pump. I thought it would be fine as I'd missed two feeds in the past and it hadn't been a problem. Stupidly I was in agony by the end of the night even after hand expressing in the toilet halfway through. Most depressing thing ever :dohh: And the dumbest thing ever since I was running the risk of making myself really ill.

I pumped when I got in but it's pretty much foremilk as far as I can tell. It's so white it's almost blue whereas my normal milk is almost yellow. Is it worth keeping it? I'm guessing it may well be useless for a normal feed.

Keep it. Milk is milk. And you will probably be surprised with the fat content once it seperates from sitting :) also if your concerned its not fatty enough mix it with some freshly pumped milk (mix it safely though (cold milk into cold milk)

agreed. as long as your little one is not getting only foremilk for every feed of the day, it won't cause problems. If i were you, I would mix it with a little fresh milk like Meg said.

If you don't want to give it (I wouldn't) then save it for mixing with cereals

Thanks ladies. That's a good idea Noo, I might keep it for porridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->