What would you do?

newmumamy

TTC baby number 2
Reaction score
Evening all :)
I really don't know what to do I just want to know what other people would do if they were in my situation.
basically....
My brothers ex girlfriend who I'm still really close to is having a Halloween party this sunday for her daughter and her friends which I thought was a really cool idea.
I find out today that my nan and grandad are coming down on sunday to my parents house and I haven't seen my grandparents in 5 months as they don't live nearby and they really want to see my daughter.
But the halloween party is at 2pm I text her and asked who was going etc and she said just her daughter and my daughter none of her other friends could make it and there would be her brothers friends there and her brothers 13 but he is really annoying and always in your face etc.
I really want to see my grandparents and obviously want to go the party but I just feel like its really pointless going if there is no other kids there and I could spend sometime with my grandparents.
My brothers girlfriend does live approx 34-40 mins away from me as well.
I don't like upsetting people but I do really want to see my grandparents!!:(
Help what would you do in my situation?
I have text her telling her the situation and now she's being all arsy with me and not replying back to me :(
xxx

Can you not see grand parents in the morning then go to the party later say around 3? C

Can you not see grand parents in the morning then go to the party later say around 3? C

Well I was hoping that we could do that but my grandparents are not coming down till mid-day so by the time we have had lunch etc its going to be 3-4pm and she said the party would be over lol
and the really annoying thing is im staying in her area and I suggested that I went round in the morning but she didn't seem keen about that so I don't really want to be travelling 30mins there 30mins back to go back again its going to cost me a fortune in petrol :(
xx

Considering its only really your daughter attending (apart from the*bunch of teens) could she not do the party a little later, day before or day after? It might be a bit inconvenient but it doesn't sound like there'll be much of a party without you.. Then maybe her other friends will be able to make it too?

Hope you work it out, I'd wanna see my grandparents too :) x

Yeah, maybe she could push the party back a bit so it's a little later?

It sounds like she'd planned a party but all the other friends with little kids have pulled out so she's pinning all her hopes of having some company on you. It's unfortunate but at the end of the day you don't get to see your grandparents very often and they really should come first. I'm sure if she's any sort of friend she'll realise that (even if she does feel a bit bummed for a day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->