What's a 'spoonful'?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
On the weaning info I've received (leaflets/booklets) they all same the same quantites and times you should feed per day (ie 10-15 spoonfulls 3 times a day by 4 weeks *I think*) - anyway, dumb question but...

Are we talking teaspoons? Heaped? I've pureed up veggies, and each ice cube is approx 2 teaspoons, so would this count as 2 teaspoons or when it says a spoonfull, does it mean baby spoon (surely not)

I feel so dumb :blush:

I think it might be baby spoonfulls - but heaped. Emma currently manages about 15-20 heaped baby spoonfulls twice a day, and thats her been on solids about 4 weeks.
But then the tommee tippee spoons i have 1 of them is about 3/4 a baby spoonfull.

Thanks....I've got some little pots from boots which I've frozen some carrots in, and ice cube trays of parsnip/sweet potato. I think an icecube must be between 2-3 spoonfuls, prob 3 :)

i read this the other day but had no clue on the answer, but was feeding my lo today and remembered it so counted how many spoonfulls, and was shocked how many there were, so i reckon there could be quite a lot more than 3 in an ice cube. not that it really matters baby will eat what they want however many spoonfulls it may be.

sorry just re read my last post, im not dissmissing your question, was just saying that as ever baby does what they want regardless! hope no-one took it the wrong way.

sorry just re read my last post, im not dissmissing your question, was just saying that as ever baby does what they want regardless! hope no-one took it the wrong way.

Don't worry I didn't, I think you made a good point :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"