What's in your Hospital Bag?

Whimsy82

Reaction score
Just wanted to start this as I'm curious and for some reason excited about starting my own hospital bag.

So, what have you packed in yours? You can be as detailed as you want!

Also, what's one thing you're packing that you wouldn't be able to survive without??

Join in everyone!

i pretty much just packed the following:
-Soffee (cheer) shorts and maternity jean shorts for myself
-a few tee's and a nicer one just in case i want to look decent when i leave lol
-obviously undies and nursing bra since im breastfeeding
-toothbrush and paste, brush, chapstick,poise wipes,tucks wipes, hairties and bobby pins
-shorts and tee's for my hubby
-i also included my camera's/chargers, a picture of my pappaw and mammaw and my childhood doll that i literally can't live without when im in pain.
-oh and breastpump and boppy pillow.

some people say to bring make-up, your own towel, shampoo/conditioner and own pillows/blankets but im not really into all that jazz. i hardly wear makeup and if people come visit they can deal with my bare face, after all i just gave birth lol

thebump.com has a good checklist which i were i got mine, i just picked and chose what i wanted to pack.

i also mean tank's not tee's since i am breastfeeding.

This will be the first time for me but I also thought to put my ipod in just in case I feel the need to disconnect! I'll put a flannel in too so OH can soak it in cold water and keep my face and forehead cool seeing as it will probably be hot :wacko:
So far I've bought 3 nighties special for breastfeeding, nipple pads & cream, antiseptic hand gel, post-labour pads.
I'll put basic toiletries in, basic make-up (I don't wear much but it might help to make me feel better after birth!), a book (seeing as they have you in 3-5 days here), snacks, breastfeeding bras, huge knickers (!), slippers and some casual comfy clothes (yoga pants and vests), cooling foot and leg gel.
Midwife also mentioned lip balm and maybe a hot-water bottle to relieve contractions.

I'll be following this thread for more ideas!! Best get the suitcase down.....:haha:

haha I got my suitcase down over the weekend. I bought some travel size shampoos, lotions, deodorant ect. yesterday. Just helps me get all excited. Kinda like going on vacation!

....you know....the kind of vacation you come back from with a baby....

I waay overpacked with DD and packed like a whole weeks worth of clothes and honestly i lived in the hospital gown until the day i was released. Im packing:

shampoo/conditioner
face wash
bar of soap and washcloth
make up
toothbrush/paste
deodorant
camera
kindle
2 pair of yoga capris
underwears
pads (the hospital ones feel like youre walking around with a pillow between your legs)
nursing bra
2 tank tops for nursing
extra pony tails for my hair
my woobie blanket and special pillow
and a Diet Dr. Pepper!!

I probably left some things out but thats about it!! good luck!

For myself I have packed..
2 nighties
3 pairs of comfy knickers
pack of maternity pads
shampoo/conditioner
sensitive shower gel

For baby...
4 sleepsuits in newborn
4sleepsuits in 0-3
vests various sizes
fleece blanket
pack of newborn nappies
pack of extra sensitive wipes

I also pack a bag for hubby and mum as they are my birth partners this includes snacks, drinks, magazines, puzzles books and change for vending machines etc x

Last time I packed my bag when I went into labour!

I told myself I'd be more organised this time!

It hasn't happened yet.

Hoping to have a home birth but hubby wants me to pack a bag just in case.

He says he'll pack the wrong stuff if he has to do it... I asked him what hed pack... He said 'dildo's'

Yup! I defo need to take responsibility for my own bag! Haha

Last time I packed my bag when I went into labour!

I told myself I'd be more organised this time!

It hasn't happened yet.

Hoping to have a home birth but hubby wants me to pack a bag just in case.

He says he'll pack the wrong stuff if he has to do it... I asked him what hed pack... He said 'dildo's'

Yup! I defo need to take responsibility for my own bag! Haha

:rofl:

I waay overpacked with DD and packed like a whole weeks worth of clothes and honestly i lived in the hospital gown until the day i was released. Im packing:

shampoo/conditioner
face wash
bar of soap and washcloth
make up
toothbrush/paste
deodorant
camera
kindle
2 pair of yoga capris
underwears
pads (the hospital ones feel like youre walking around with a pillow between your legs)
nursing bra
2 tank tops for nursing
extra pony tails for my hair
my woobie blanket and special pillow
and a Diet Dr. Pepper!!

I probably left some things out but thats about it!! good luck!

I've heard both good things and bad things about the pads AND the mesh underwear from the hospital so I'm bringing both just in case....Maybe I'll pack a Coke Zero for myself too.....not a bad idea lol.

I personally wouldn't be able to survive without chapstick. I'd probably end up having an anxiety attack if I didn't have it!

I haven't packed my bag yet - but wanted to remind c-section ladies to bring a heating pad. It can help you heal faster. :)

I kind of considered bringing a heating pad myself just in case. Maybe a small fan.

Do you know if most hospitals provide things like exercise balls you can use? Or should I just plan on bringing my own and pumping it up then? I see women with them in hospitals when they're in labor and just not sure if they're their own or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->