What's Next???

Swtshae

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I could use your advice. Has there been anyone who needed to have a fallopian tube removed before completing an IVF transfer? I had my scans, ultrasound and blood work complete and was told there is liquid in my right tube. Not sure if this is common, but would like to know those who have experienced this. I have severe stage 4 endometriosis which has caused me infertility.

Thanks for your post!

One of my girlfriends had to get both her tubes removed before continuing with IVF also do to fluid in both her tubes. Believe it or not, a blockage with fluid or anything can have an adverse affect on IVF, sounds strange because they by pass tubes altogether for IVF.

It was a fairly simple procedure with next to no recovery time.

I didn't have to end up having it done, but they were monitoring me because they were a bit concerned about me having Hydrosalpinx. The fluid it harmful to the developing fetus, so it has to be removed if you want to get pregnant. The fluid can contain an infection that will hurt the baby. I think it is pretty common for a blocked tube. Mine ended up being blocked by scar tissue, but they still monitored my fluid levels during IVF to make sure there wasn't any there. If there was, then I'd have had to freeze all, remove the tube, and then do a frozen transfer.

So sorry you have to have it done, but it really is best! Good luck.

Last year, we decided to try IVF a second time to give my daughter a sibling. At that scan the doctor noticed I had hydrosalpinx (the fluid) in both tubes and recommended to have them removed. Two months later, I was all ready for the surgery until we decided that maybe it was a sign that it wasn't meant to be and decided against it. Fast forward to this year and we decided we'd always be wondering 'what if' so went back to the doctor. I had a baseline scan to check everything out again, and this time no fluid was noted. I started a cycle in June which unfortunately resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I'm all set to go again this month - so fingers crossed.

The recommendation is to get them removed as the fluid can leak and be detrimental to implantation and perhaps 'wash away' an embryo. My consultant said they used to say it was toxic to a growing embryo - although apparently don't say this anymore? I believe they like at least a couple of months in between the surgery and beginning IVF treatment to let everything settle back down. I think the reason i got cold feet about removing them was because I knew then that I could I'd never get pregnant naturally and even if they were quite knackered....there was still a small chance?! I knew that we'd probably only try IVF 1/2 times again, and if they were gone, then that was it!

This probably hasn't helped at all to your questions!! But I wanted to share my experience. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->