What's so scary about TTC..?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
If youre already NTNP..?

My DH doesn't want to TTC yet but we are ntnp in our little way(even DTD during fertile days, using withdrawal but not withdrawal on time 50% of the time) ..

He says hes ready for a baby, he wasnt before, and he says he'd be happy if I was to get pregnant..
He also told me he thinks we'll conceive this way.

help me out here ladies, my hubby isnt the best talker LOL.

Seems like he is just scared of actively trying to conceive..but I wonder why?

:dohh:

Because men are crazy. :shrug::haha: I think to actually say you are TTC out loud makes it scarier for men. It sounds like your well on your way to get him to agree to it though! Its like getting into a pool. He wants to put his toes in first before just jumping. He's that kinda person from the sounds of it. He'll come around eventually. :hugs: They all do. :winkwink:

Im not scared. I want to.

We are NTNP because I stopped my pill (my OH knows this) and he doesnt want to use other protection so we are NTNP. I am hoping for an accident! Lol.

xxx

yea ... hes the kinda person that hates pressure, if you pressure him or he feels slightly pressured he'll do the opposide of what you asked him :haha:
So silly.. LOL

Now I got the point so I dont overwhelm him anymore with baby talk all day long..now it's just a few comments a day or none at all.
We did all the talking and I made 100% sure he understands the consequences of our actions of NTNP.. he said he knows what he's doing..So I asked him if he'd be happy if we were pregnant and he said of course.

Im just impatient .. :dohh:

Ive never been more stable in life, in every aspect, then right now! Same goes for him.
So this would be a perfect time to have a baby :baby:

:) Lilly, it sounds like you were discribing my DH.

I think part of my DH's problem is the fact that he's a little concerned about his employment continuing because the company have just had a management buyout.

So I don't mention it now, I just make sure that I take the necessary help, when I can get it.

OMG , we DTD around 3am and guess what..this was the first time my DH DIDNT pull out!!
OMG i dont know if this is TMI..sorry if it is..
but im so happy LOL :happydance:
It was the first time ever and Im soo happy!!

Hopefully he got over his fears now :happydance:
Or hopefully he wont pull out every time now :winkwink:

:lol: Congrats! Who knows, maybe he won't have to worry about not pulling out any longer if it worked this time ;)

Just don't tell him when your fertile.....that way he can NTNP and you can TTC!

i am very sure my DH will be the same come our time (we are wtt). He wouldn't agree to withdrawal though, we will just NTNP. I won't tell him when I am ovulating, as he will see this as pressure. He doesn't understand TTC, opks, charting etc, as says "women have been having babies since always, why would you need all of that?". I know that the moment I stop sex being sex and make it into a mission to get a baby we will have big problems. I just want to NTNP but making sure we bonk round what should be my ovulation time.If I don't get pregnant I will get digi opks or a CBFM and just do it on my own without getting him involved. I can handle my stress but not his. I think quite a few men are like this, and has nothing to do with wanting or not to have children, they just can't handle the pressure.

Hiya, i think this is so common!

I'm kinda the same, we are NTNP in that we use no protection, DH fully agrees and is fully aware we may fall, but at the same time, when i mention having another baby he says yes, but not yet!

When i aksed how he'd feel if we fell preggers, he said over the moon! So i think for my DH he doesn't want to actually plan it as he is thinking about money etc, but if we fell preggers, we'd just have to deal with it.

So basically, i am TTC, he is NTNP! x

My other half says that "I want a baby with you just not yet".

We have no reason not to be TTC thats what annoys me. We are NTNP but he pulls out most the time. I gotta get lucky soon! Lol.

xxx

Me and my OH have started using withdrawal, since I came off the pill and we are not keen on condoms. I told him there is a chance of me getting pregnant from it, told him the statistics, about being less effective than condoms but still pretty good if done properly, and he goes 'well, better start using condoms again then if you dont want any mini-OHs running around', but even that very night he didn't use one :shrug: Still pulled out though :cry: :haha:

That's fantastic news Lilly!!! Looks like he's going to come around to the idea faster than we thought!! :haha: Congrats hun! Hopefully he'll keep up this 'risky' behavior! :hugs::hugs:

A lot of men are also scared that they can't have kids (well women are to) i don't think they want to disappoint especially when we all want babies so bad and its all we talk about!
I think it's a big step to ttc and most men are just as scared as we are LOL
:wacko:

TTC is kind of daunting i must say
because when you are actually doing everything by the books, you just don't seem to fall pregnant and you always feel tense.

but wheras when your NTNP your more relaxed, sex is more enjoyable and its not the only thing thats always on ur mind.
and i just think men find TTC daunting... haha
and another thing i dont think men want to think the sex is just to 'make a baby'.

hehe

I can imagine most men would be chuffed to be having a baby, it's just pinning the decision onto them can be daunting. It's pretty scary to say 'Yeah, I want to make a baby' whereas if there's no pressure to get pregnant and you're just NTNP and you get pregnant, it seems less forced in a sense? It seems a much more natural way of doing things if it's pressure-free.

I will certainly be NTNP rather than TTC as me and DF doesn't like pressure either. If I don't fall pregnant in 6 months or so, then I will probably do a few OPKs to make sure everything's working though. FX I'm not waiting that long after waiting 3-4 years already! Haha Good luck all you NTNP girlies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->