What's the best type of formula to use?

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
I'm using Enfamil A+. I noticed my son is constantly getting sick or has stomach trouble since he started formula feeding, not sure if it's from the formula I'm using or just his body getting used to not having breast milk.
What type of formula are you using/do you recommend using, and how does your little one react to it?

I have always assumed that the best to use would be Similac Advance since that is the stuff they use at the hospital here in Nova Scotia, so that is what I supplement with... Also hear that Good Start is one of the best too... Alexa will only take a little at a time... I really don't think she likes formula too much... can't say I blame her, have you tried it? lol

Theres so many brands of formula its a head wreck!!

I would say hes getting use to it give him a couple of weeks for it to settle - When I have moved Caitlins milk it takes a few days for her to settle on it (when I moved from sma to cow & gate & recently have moved the next stage up on cow & gate) so I'd imagine its the same for any change of milk? But not sure :D

You just need to integrate the formula slowly, have you tried putting some in with the breast milk? He is still quite young right now and is used to the breastmilk. If you dont have any breastmilk available it will still work, you will just have to let him get used to it.

It likely will take a few days-week, if it doesnt settle down try a different formula.

Someone on BnB is using nestles good start, maybe they can tell you how they liked it.

My choice is small as I need to use a hyper allergenic formula to try and prevent my son getting the same allergies as me. I'm lactose and wheat intolerent.

I'm using the NAN 1 HA and he is doing very well on it. Only problem with the NAN is that it doesn't full them up as much as some other formulas (that doesn't mean it doesn't provide the same nutrition). The sister at the clinic suggested I put him onto the Similac HA. Unfortunately it just caused his stomach to be very bloated. I waited another two days and then tried one bottle of it again and the same thing happened so we gave up and are just sticking to the NAN 1.

Strange thing is that the NAN 1 HA has lactose in it whereas the Similac HA is lactose free. My LO suffered a bit from colic and when I changed from breast feeding to the NAN 1, his stomach actually got better!

I think you just need to experiment. Every baby is different. I hope you come right, its horrible to watch your precious bundle suffering with stomach problems.

i introduced my baby to nestlé nidal - its for use in conjunction with breast milk. He only hs it every now and then when I'm sore or something or we're out etc. But he took to it right away. And then goes back to breast no worries. Think he just loves all milk!

I'm using Nestle Good Start and Hannah has taken fine to it but she was never breast fed. While in the hospital they used Enfamil (the ready made bottles--which can be quite pricey--but are really convenient.)

I found Brooklynn was sick every time the nursery at the hospital gave her the Enfamil. I now use the nestle good start with omega 3&6 when I need a little something extra for her or I'm too stressed and OH has to feed her. So far she hasn't been sick once on it. I chose it initially because friends use it and we decided it was easier for everyone to use the same so we didn't all need to pack formula every time we all went anywhere, all the kids seem to be doing well on it.

Ask his doc. I was using Enfamil Lipil but it was making her really gassy so she was switched to Enfamil Lactosefree and I've been adding baby gas drops to the bottles. But you should ask the doctor what they recomend cause it's also not good for the baby to be changing formula a lot. Is he throwing up? Like a lot of spit up or is it literally projectil vomit? If so he could be alergic.

I use Nestle Good Start Natural Cultures. We went through the Original with Iron, the Soy, and are now on the Natural Cultures. Colton was constipated constantly when he was smaller, and it kinda helps.

Nice to hear so many good things about nestles as this is what I was thinking of feeding...

Nestle good start with omega 3 & 6. Josh never had any problems with it so far! I like it because it's got the omega 3&6 supplement... And I'm a freak of omega 3&6... Mmm brain food!!!

I currently use the parents choice from walmart MUCH CHEAPER nad max dosent spit up any or have gas :)

I used to use neslt good start but he spit up more ..but if $$$ isnt an issue i loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->