Whats the difference???

Reedy

Outnumbered x
Reaction score
This isnt a debate about it being right or wrong etc I'm honestly just curious, naive even but:

Whats the difference between downloading films/music from a website for free & recording a film off the tv or taping music off the radio??
You can easily record films that are being shown on the movie channel, box office or normal tv & we all used to tape the top 40 on a sunday or tape a friends new Take That album etc

so my question is : Why is one illegal & the other not?? surely its the same thing just ones now more advanced???

*I'm not a knock off Nigel btw just curious lol x
and I know that if your selling them on to make money then yes thats illegal x

Because TV/radio is free (apart from the licence) as is watching catch-up TV services such as iPlayer, you can record it, as long as you don't distribute it then its fine.

With films and music you have to buy them, if you are downloading them for free you are stealing them, its copyright theft. A lot of poeple see it as something not that bad as you can do it from your own home, but its pretty much the same as walking into HMV and nicking stuff off the shelves.

Recording off the tv is still illegal without permision, you get permision in with the fee you pay for liscences and fees, technicaly recording off the radio is still ilegal (at leadt it used to be) thats why I dont get whu they put record buttons on things.
With downloading of some sites you arnt paying so the companies dont recieve a fee therefor you dont have permision

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->