What's the most you've managed to pump in one sitting?

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
I can only ever seem to get up to 6oz

My LB needs around 8oz to settle I've had to top him up with formula but I'd like to get back to 100% breastmilk again.

I pumped more than 4oz just from one breast yesterday. I didn't even feel full so I was shocked it held so much! Especially since I've gone back to my pre-pregnant size, B

135ml but that was after not feeding for nearly 8 hours.

You ladies are so lucky. The most I've ever pumped was 3.7 oz total. :( OP, are you taking fenugreek or doing anything else to boost your supply?

3.5 oz. And I was over joyed at that amount! It was amazing for me.

I used to average about 100ml (just over 3oz right?) and baby wanted 120-150 so I just pumped a couple of times for each time I'd need to give an expressed bottle (like when I was working). I would have killed for 6oz!

Pain in the bum but really it goes by so fast in the grand scheme of things that I didn't mind that much.

For me I found that I was likely to pump more around 11pm - could get some quiet time then (2hrs after last feed and 2hrs before the next).

Did you know you will have a second let down? For me it was at the 19 minute mark (but pumping was a slow process for me and both my babies were slow feeders).

I think the most was when my milk came in I got about 12 oz. But that was from both not a single one.

I was getting 8oz from one side for a while. And I'm only a C cup! I have no idea how it works.

My LB needs around 8oz to settle I've had to top him up with formula but I'd like to get back to 100% breastmilk again.

Wow, I only ever got around 4-5oz max and that was 4am max production time, the rest of the time maybe 2-3oz.

If you are topping him up then I'd try pumping even after milk isn't coming out, or adding an extra pump session. Your body needs to know he wants 8oz.

That's quite a large amount for a bf baby, does he go a long time between feeds? Have tummy pain which the milk settles? Nothing wrong with giving him what he wants, I'm just curious as to his habits as I've not heard of many bf babies taking that much.

I guess I'm expecting too much when it comes to the amount I'm pumping then lol

You ladies are so lucky. The most I've ever pumped was 3.7 oz total. :( OP, are you taking fenugreek or doing anything else to boost your supply?

I've never heard of fenugreek, I'm drinking 2 litres + of water a day but not doing anything else, my health visitor said there isn't anything I can take for my supply

Wow, I only ever got around 4-5oz max and that was 4am max production time, the rest of the time maybe 2-3oz.

If you are topping him up then I'd try pumping even after milk isn't coming out, or adding an extra pump session. Your body needs to know he wants 8oz.

That's quite a large amount for a bf baby, does he go a long time between feeds? Have tummy pain which the milk settles? Nothing wrong with giving him what he wants, I'm just curious as to his habits as I've not heard of many bf babies taking that much.

He goes 3 hours during the day and between 4 & 6 hours at night sometime 7 hours but not often. Never has any sign of tummy pains either, he's a super hungry boy lol.

12 oz total, 6 on each side. I've got enough milk to feed the world's babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->