What's with all overpriced postage on eBay recently!?

kandbumpx

Reaction score
Seriously though, it's getting more and more expensive! I've been looking for some hotpant shorts for next weekend (my birthday and we are meant to be dressing up hehe) and for some little shorts it was £3.99 postage :O!! I mean - It would cost 75p to post as a large letter.. You can tell, it's only a small item made out of lycra!

And then they wonder why people won't bid on their items :dohh:!

The reason is you don't pay fees on postage so people make the money through postage to stop themselves losing to much money on the ebay and paypal fees :) x

Hmm, true.. But still.. It works out cheaper to buy things new sometimes! Lol x

:haha: all of your posts are about eBay!!
I once saw a 3 pack of long sleeved body suits 3-6 months from asda still with the price sticker on £2.50 I think. They were selling them for £3 plus like £2 postage haha! Might as well just go to asda and buy them there for half the price!

:haha: all of your posts are about eBay!!
I once saw a 3 pack of long sleeved body suits 3-6 months from asda still with the price sticker on £2.50 I think. They were selling them for £3 plus like £2 postage haha! Might as well just go to asda and buy them there for half the price!

I'm always going on about it aren't I :haha:
And yeah, I've seen stuff like that too! :dohh:... Someone was selling an outfit from next starting at something like £17.99 BNWT with £2.50 postage but the item was like £18 to buy.. Might aswell go to shop and buy it lol x

Argh i hate it. Saw a coat today BIT £17 + 3.99 pp still in the shop for £15new but someone has bought it lol

Postage is really expensive now though i keep undercharging and making about 20p after fees etc xx

I noticed a while ago a few people we're selling the 4 packs of small weaning tubs/pots that you get in the poundshop which are £1, and they we're selling for £3 + postage lol.

sometimes postage might seem more because it is getting sent recorded delivery i always send things i've sold on ebay recorded delivery because its the only way paypal will side with the seller if the buyer claims they didn't get it

but i do agree with you that some people charge far too much for things, i have seen a top at 99p with postage as £4.99 and no way would it cost that to package and post

I can see that fees etc would be covered by postage but if it meant that damn much to avoid fees, then sell elsewhere! People are takin the Mick recently.

I've had a few people overcharge on ebay recently too!

I bought a tank top thing. She charged £4 postage, it took 9 days to get to me. Wasn't first class/special/recorded or anything and the label showed it only cost her £1 to send!

She now has has 4 negative feedback in the last month for that reason :dohh:

I've just noticed too. Primark sell boots for £2.50 and someone's selling them on BIN at £3.49 + postage :dohh: lol

In all honesty I don't understand why ppl bid on things and complain about postage after...I always look at it as a bulk price so if I still think I'm getting a bargain after auction price plus postage cost I just accept the seller has balanced their books a different way in their favour instead of paying more to ebay :shrug:

postage has gone up tho, if i posted a baby top 2nd class last yr it wud be £1,41 now its £1,60 ish :wacko: ebay has put a max of £4 postage for clothes now i think ?x

Royal Mail has jacked up postage costs but some sellers take the piss.

But if you think it is too high then don't bid :shrug:

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"