What's with the crappy ads?

Elliebank

♥Mummy to Katie & Ethan♥
Reaction score
The ads at the top of the page used to be all pregnancy/TTC/baby related and were all 'nice' websites. Now we're getting crappy ones like how to get a 'ripped body', make cash fast, etc and all seem like the sort of sites that if you clicked on it would prob put a virus on yr computer......why the change?

Hmm yep wondered the same :shrug:

Thanks for posting this question EB. Some of them are quite inappropriate too. As a member of a TTC thread I find large red lettering talking about your "infertility" rather upsetting and I'm lucky enough to have conceived. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for the ladies who have been TTCAL.

Pip x

I agree the ads are super annoying. I always have the pop-up ads, so I am constantly having to close windows because if my cursor touches the ad it starts up automatically. This only started a week or 2 ago though - before that they weren't so intrusive!

per Wobbles:

Hi ladies,

I assure you it is not the 'type' of ad we want on BabyandBump. Every now and then ads find their way through the system and on to the forum. Once it's brought to our attention it does take a while for the offending ads to be removed (for the system to update, assuming that it hasn't already).

I sincerely apologise for the offence this has caused :(

Wobbles

xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...tising-banner-made-me-sad-4.html#post11651711

:flower:

per Wobbles:

Hi ladies,

I assure you it is not the 'type' of ad we want on BabyandBump. Every now and then ads find their way through the system and on to the forum. Once it's brought to our attention it does take a while for the offending ads to be removed (for the system to update, assuming that it hasn't already).

I sincerely apologise for the offence this has caused :(

Wobbles

xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...tising-banner-made-me-sad-4.html#post11651711

:flower:

Thanks you for the heads up.

Thanks Vickie. Thought it was unlike BnB.

Pip x

But something must have changed for us now to constantly get these types of ads? I've been on BnB since 2008 and it is only this last few weeks that the ads have changed, how come they are suddenly getting through?

i agree, some of them are pretty rubbish. And total i keep fighting with the L'Oreal one, if you rollover it, it increases in size :grr:

They are soooooooooo annoying, I'm glad they are not staying!!!!!

I downloaded adblock for chrome and have no ads on any sites anymore! Highly recommended!! xx

I agree the ads are super annoying. I always have the pop-up ads, so I am constantly having to close windows because if my cursor touches the ad it starts up automatically. This only started a week or 2 ago though - before that they weren't so intrusive!

^ What she said:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->