Whats your Anti-Nausea tricks

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
So ladies, I have to wait until my nausea gets worse according to my doctor before they will prescribe me Diclegis.

I have tried B6, Unisom, Sour candies and mint infused water. Nothing is helping.

ETA: I just drank a glass of ACV and water. Hoping that helps....

Sounds strange but when I was pregnant with DS3 last year, Soda Water was the ONLY thing that helped.

Lemonade, cheese and onion crisps, just generally eating savory food in small amounts constantly.

I love soda water anyways. I have a soda stream and I make it all the time. I didnt think about doing that for nausea. Makes sense though! I will have to give that a try.

My doctor did say to try and eat 6 small meals a day but I am bad about eating more than 1-2 meals a day pre-pregnancy. Now I make sure to eat 3 solid meals but I cant even imagine trying to eat 6. Ugh! So, I try to do light snacks in between meals but honestly it doesnt make me feel any better.

I 2nd the lemonade:thumbup:

Also drinking e.g. ginger ale or candies with ginger. Although I did this sparingly as I'd read somewhere that ginger potentially can cause m/c so didn't dare take very much.

Home-made ginger tea always works for me. A few slices of fresh Ginger, peeled and left in a cup of boiling hot water for 10 to 15 mins then drink.

Sorbet worked well for me! Especially mango.

I also second the soda water. I found drinking normal tap water made me feel sick but the soda water didn't. Have no idea why! Now I am 14/15 weeks and my nausea has almost completely gone I can't drink soda water as it makes me feel a little nauseous and can only drink still- very strange!

Unfortunately I can't stomach ginger anything at the moment. I have to go to the store later so I might pick up some lemonade mix and try that. This nausea is getting so much worse by the day.

I have relied heavily on preggie drop pops, on saltines, and sprite

Lemons! I'm in 2ww at the moment but had waves of nausea and only ice water with squeezed lemon (and extra lemons in it) seem to work at easing it. My pregnancy with DD1 was same - couldnt get enough lemons and sour candies

So far nothing is working for me... Not even diclegis. Preggie pop drops help me not throw up when I'm out in public and have to talk to someone, but that's very temporary. Sipping lemon water through a straw every 15 minutes keeps me hydrated.

For me its constantly grazing, eating as soon as I wake up and as soon as I start feeling sick even if I don't feel like it. So far *touch wood* this is my best pregnancy for sickness and I think its because I know how to deal with the nausea now, as soon as I leave it too long and get too hungry or get too tired it just goes downhill! I carry lollies, mints and gum everywhere in my bag so I don't get caught out x

Thanks ladies. My doctor is actually going to prescribe me the Diclegis and DH should be able to pick it up today at the base. He did tell me that some insurance company's won't fulfill a prescription of it because its so expensive. My nausea has been picking up so much every day. Im surprised I have been able to keep anything down. I did find that the lemonade has helped out more than anything else.

Sparkling flavoured water was a life saver for me. It's my first pregnancyear to get such awful nausea. It's been tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->