What's your baby's typical menu and schedule like?

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Mine just turned six months and only eats food once a day, at dinner time. He's tried banana, applesauce, green beans, avocado, scrambled egg, rice cereal, pear, chicken, and peach.

How old is your baby and how often do they eat? When should I increase his food to twice/thrice a day?

My lo is 4 months and I feed her solids once a day for dinner but I will give her a second meal when she gets to 5 1/2 or 6 mths.

Finley was baby led weaned, we started tea time (just boiled veg) at 5.5 months then just introduced dinner and breakfast as he started getting more confident. By 7 months he was definitely on 3 meals per day xx

Thanks for responding!

We are also doing BLW. Sounds like I should be increasing him to two meals soon, then!

My baby is 5 and half months and ive been giving baby porridge one a day but im just about to start introducing dinner too (only a little) as he seems to be enjoying it then im thinking 6 months start 3 small meals a day x

My baby is 5.5 months. We started weaming two weeks ago. After the first week we offered food twice a day. He doesn't always eat it though. Next week I will start 3 times a day.

We do BLW and I've been offering her food anytime she's awake for a meal, she often misses lunch as she's napping.

I'd say increase it as you feel ready to. They don't really 'need' the extra meals at 6 months, so it's more a matter of when you get the hang of fitting a meal in and feeling able to prepare something that's suitable. We started with one meal a day at 6 months (we also did BLW), which I think was lunch, then added dinner at 7 months and then were doing 3 meals a day most days by about 7.5 months. Personally, I kinda needed that time to work out how to best fit meals in between milk feeds and naps and to figure out the sorts of things I could offer. As my daughter got closer to a year, it was a lot easier to just offer her exactly what I was eating (which saves a lot of hassle), but at the start, what I was eating wasn't always appropriate for a baby (too much sugar or salt or too spicy or too hard pick up, etc.). So it took me a bit of time just to figure out how to modify my own meals so they'd be okay for her or to get creative about things I could offer her that weren't just what we were already eating. As I got the hang of it, I started to add in the extra meals, so that we were up to 3 meals a day most, but maybe not every day, by 7.5 months. She didn't really eat much until maybe 9-10 months though, and then it really picked up. What you're doing sounds great to me.

Thanks for all your responses. This post is actually a bit old. Hunter is now nine months and eats three meals a day, plus snacks if he chooses.

Oops, didn't spot the date! Glad he's doing well.

No worries! Thanks. He had Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, so that was fun. I love that he can eat what we do! Although he wasn't fond of the turnip. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->