What's your breastfeeding toddler's evening routine?

EcoMama

Reaction score
It's nearly 10pm and my 14 month old is wide awake playing in the lounge with me. This is normal every evening.

She has a feed and falls asleep with me in the lounge at 8ish. Sleeps in my arms or on the sofa for half hr at most, has another feed to sleep, but then is wide awake from 9ish to 10pm when we go to bed. She sleeps in my bed.

I have tried feeding her to sleep in her cot (in different room) at 8pm, but she always wakes about half hr later, when I just bring her down stairs, and carry on as normal.

I would love for her to have a routine of an evening, were she falls asleep from 7ish to atleast 10pm, just so I get some sort of evening to myself/with OH. After 10pm I'm happy to feed her to sleep in my bed.

What am I doing wrong?!

My dd is now 15 months old and we've had a routine in place since she was 3 months old, we've had to tweak it now and again to find the right times that work best. The half hour thing...we had that from about 3 months old right up until she started sleeping better. I basically would put her back down straight after her feed and she'd go back to sleep for whatever length of time (1hr, 2hrs). She's only started sleeping better (1 or 2 feeds a night) from 14 months.

I started trying to stop feeding during the night last night, hoping this will help evening routine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->