what's your favourite carrier / sling?

bibswy

MUMMY OF 2!
Reaction score
Hi - just doing a bit of research and wondering what are you faves when it comes to slings and carriers...

I've had loads.. I had a tomy freestyle carrier - ok but not great position for baby and not that comfy. I personally can't get on with wrap styles (baby ends up wonky, lol!) but I have an Ergo that is great for me. I love mei tais too but I always worry about LO's legs being so wide. I almost cringe when I put him in it (same with Ergo). Anyone know of a good one when you have another child to look after too?

the Connecta :D

It comes with a little strap where you can narrow the bit between the legs for younger babies :)

the Connecta :D

It comes with a little strap where you can narrow the bit between the legs for younger babies :)

thats a good idea.. they look pretty funky too! :thumbup: I tried frogging Charlie's legs but he just stands up and his feet slip under the waistband of my Ergo. Might see if I can find a Connecta on ebay to give it a try - thanks!

From my limited experience it seems that some MTs are much wider at the base than others, so it might just be a case of finding out measurements before you buy. I've seen people use hairbands or similar to take it in a bit too :)

So far I have an eBay cheapie [tiny in comparison to my others], a Tettitett, a Kindercarry and a Simply Mei Tai. I love the poppers on the hood of the KC, and the pattern, but I do find the straps a bit slippy to adjust. The Tettitett is much grippier, and the SMT is sooo nicely padded, and I like the long cords on the hood as it's easy to grab them when LO is in a back carry. It's quite big though and I have to fold the bottom slightly for my 5 1/2 month old. I hear a lot of people recommending Ergos though :)

Have you had a look on TBW?

I made my own Mei Tai so I could customise the fit - it's perfect now, amazing how much more comfortable me and OH find wearing it. I haven't tried a lot of different types though, so I'm sure I could tweak some more if I did!

From my limited experience it seems that some MTs are much wider at the base than others, so it might just be a case of finding out measurements before you buy. I've seen people use hairbands or similar to take it in a bit too :)

So far I have an eBay cheapie [tiny in comparison to my others], a Tettitett, a Kindercarry and a Simply Mei Tai. I love the poppers on the hood of the KC, and the pattern, but I do find the straps a bit slippy to adjust. The Tettitett is much grippier, and the SMT is sooo nicely padded, and I like the long cords on the hood as it's easy to grab them when LO is in a back carry. It's quite big though and I have to fold the bottom slightly for my 5 1/2 month old. I hear a lot of people recommending Ergos though :)

Have you had a look on TBW?

thanks.. looks really interesting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"