Whats your OS (Operation System)?

morri

mom to one
Reaction score
Hi girls and guy :haha:

Whats your OS on your PC , do you have Windows, and if which version? Do you have a Mac OS?
Anybody else has any Linux distro? or even rarer OSX or Solaris?

I have now had Linux Ubuntu for over a month, and after some initial hard time to get things going(well getting to know the new material) I really like it.

Everything is working alright, and so much faster. My old computer on which I am is at least twice as fast if not three times as fast as he was under Windows.

Also I don't have any system crashes or programme crashes any more :D and I have the best looking theme on my Computer too, as it is also customisable :D

I had Windows XP before and my laptop still has dual boot.
and my computer was really sluggishly slow, you know talk of having a tea break between starting the Browser and using it.

Anyway how do you feel about your OS and which one do you have?

https://a.imageshack.us/img517/3733/screenshotbabyandbumppo.th.png
https://a.imageshack.us/img299/5569/screenshotia.th.png

Heya

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my personal PC and we have same on the file-server and a version on Linux on the internet server. (the file-server and internet server are both duel boot) I let my OH deal with all that even though I'm the one with the degree in Internet Technology lol.

Not sure the version now but we used to use the linux version Red Hat if I remember correctly.

My PC really needs an overhaul and an upgrade and I feel that windows needs reinstalling already as it can crash quite a bit and bugger things up....

xx

I have windows 7 ultimate on my laptop and love it! Oh has vista black on his pc and we have FILs pc here too with vista basic on!

:hi: Gwizz :)

I have Windows 7 Business on my main PC, Windows XP Pro on my server (web server + media server combined), Windows XP Pro on my Revo (Tiny little media PC with HD connection to TV in the lounge), and I used to use an IPCop machine as an internet router / firewall.

I have Windows 7 and I really like it. I had XP and then Vista on my old laptop and didn't like either.

OSX on my iMac and Linux on my laptop.

Cannot STAND windows! Once I tried OSX there was no going back tbh.

I personally use windows xp professional, cracked to my liking, along with a copy of backtrack 3 i have (Backtrack3 is based off of linux). Xp in my opinion is still the quickest and most efficent operating system. Vista was straight trash. And windows 7 is built off of vista core, with problems fixed and everything vista was SUPPOSED to have....

I have Windows 7 and I love it because I'm not clever enough to use anything else. My computer geek.....I mean genius, OH has just switched to Linux and he said it's better and faster....I just laughed at the word Gimp.

Oh you get gimp at windows too its like a free paintshop pro :)

Linux also has OS suited for for not so computerwise people I personally would recommend Linux Mint :D Ideal for the beginner :)

I use Windows XP on my netbook and Windows 7 on my desktop.

I am running Windows 7 and wouldn't change it for a thing. :D

I use Linux at work and I think without having a deeper technical understanding of the OS, you're going to struggle with security patches etc. which Windows can do. Also device drivers can be notoriously difficult to find for new hardware you plug into your laptop. The open source community is growing though, so Linux is probably going to be right up there in a few years time.

Windows 7 on the PC (which died the other day :grr:) and MAC OSX Snow Leopard on my MacBook xx

I have got now Lubuntu on both my computer/Laptop

We have a Debian server here, though not sure what it hosts nowadays (other than a VPN between our house and DH's best friend's apartment). My netbook is Windows XP. My laptop is Windows 7 with Windows XP Mode and couple virtual machines (Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Ubuntu).

Did I mention that I'm a software developer? :)

Mac OS X Lion
Pretty good stuff except of reverse scrolling. That will take time to get used to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->