What's your routine at 7 months?

jenniferannex

Reaction score
We started weaning spot on at 6 months as ella never showed any signs before then, she's just turned 7 months and has breakfast and tea, and yesterday we started her on dinner, but it's the bottles im confusing myself with and when to give them inbetween! I know they say the babies lead when they want their milk but ella isn't leading me atall she's all over the place :haha: help and examples or your routines would be appreciated :) thanks in advance.

My LO is also 7 months - actually they have the same birthday :)! and I am not sure how to proceed with feeding and weaning. I want to stop BF as soon as she turns one but have no idea how to go about it.
Here is an example of her schedule (which varies a bit every day.)

7:00 am wake and breastfeed
8:15 am pureed veggies
9:00 30 minute nap
10:00 BF
12:00 BF
1:00 nap - anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours
wake (around 2:00) pureed fruit
4:00 or so BF and short nap
5:00 pureed veggies and/or fruit
6:00 small BF
7:00 BF and bedtime

I also give her water with meals and before bed. We live in a very dry climate and as soon as she started hydrating more she began sleeping through the night, or at least until 5:00 am

We are going to start giving her millet and oatmeal for grains and some chicken as well. I just haven't pureed any.

I did try to give her some whole foods to chew (or gum as she has no teeth) - pear, avocado, blueberries - but she refuses to eat them.

Any suggestions on how to wean so she is ready to stop breastfeeding in 5 months???

Following. I'm also lost. I'll share my routine but not convinced I'm doing the right thing so curious to see what others are doing.

2 things I should point out first, I started her on purees at 24 weeks and I was EBF up to 6 and a half months when I then started introducing formula as I was worried LO wasn't getting enough from me as she was still waking a lot in the night to feed and had a really voracious appetite despite eating a lot of solids. She is still eating a lot which is why by third week of weaning she is on 3 meals already.
The formula hasn't helped her sleep more but I plan on gradually weaning her off BF so I have kept it in her diet with meal times and as a night time top up but some days she takes very little.

7am BF
8am Baby cereal and pureed fruit followed by 3oz formula (or however much she takes but it's usually about 3oz after each meal)
11am BF and nap
12pm lunch of pureed meat/fish with veg followed by finger food fruits and 3oz formula
3pm BF followed by nap
5pm pureed meat/fish with veg followed by plain yoghurt mixed with pureed fruits then formula
6.30pm bath
7pm Book, BF, sometimes followed by 2-3oz of formula to top up then sleep.
She still wakes twice in the night at about 2am and 5/6am - I always feed her at 2am, if she also feeds at 5am/6am I miss out the BF at 7am

I feel like she's eating a lot already but she guzzles it all down and they say to follow your baby's lead? One day I tried offering formula between meals but that just resulted in her not eating much so I went back to BFing her between meals.

Interested to see what everyone else is doing! I would love for her to sleep better through the night. Considering introducing a dream feed at 11pm but I don't know if that would just confuse her routine further!

I'm struggling with this as well. Amelia has never really been interested in her bottles from day one so getting milk in her is hard work as it is. The other thing is she sleeps during the day A LOT! Our routine is like this...
8 wake
8.15 7oz bottle
10.15 nap
12 wake then puréed veg/meat and some puréed fruit
1 7oz bottle
2 nap
Anywhere up to 4.30/5 wake
4.30/5 4oz bottle
8 7oz bottle
9 bed (although lately this has been all over the place)

I want to bring her bedtime earlier but I can't work out how to do that and if I inteoduce more food when will she have her bottles! It's all so confusing!

At 7 months, we were doing something like this (give or take an hour or so):

7am - bottle
9am - breakfast
11am - bottle
12pm - lunch
4pm - bottle
7pm - bottle
(and then a bottle or two during the night)

I found it helpful to just think of it as keeping everything the same and just offering food an hour or two after milk. So if your LO has a bottle at 6am, then try breakfast at 8am or if bottle is at noon, then lunch at 1 or 2pm. It doesn't have to be that you do meals at normal mealtimes and fit bottles in before or after. Feed milk on demand and then just offer food a couple hours later. If she refuses milk at a time she would normally have it, just wait and try again in a bit or offer solids if she really doesn't want it. It will even out into a more normal routine soon.

Hey my little one is also sharing the same birthday.
9 am 7 oz bottle
12 food and bottle
3 pm bottle
6 pm food and bottle
I give her the bottle either before or after her solids and times can change slightly.
She has two naps through the day usually, one late morning and one in the afternoon.
She is different to many babies though because she got down to 4 bottles before she was 4 months old and she started solids at 4 months.
I just posted another thread because I am now thinking about giving her solids for breakfast.

My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and her routine is

7am - 6 oz bottle
8.30 - breakfast
9.30 - nap of around 45 mins
10.30 - bottle only manages around 3 oz so this is slowly being dropped by her.
12.30 - lunch and pudding
2pm - 6 oz bottle
2.30-3 - nap of around an hour
4.30 - dinner
6.30 - 9 oz bottle
6.45-7pm - bed time and sleeps through until 6.30 ish the following morning.

7 months today
Wake after 8 for 5oz milk
Cheerios (cereal) and raspberries
5oz at 1030
Snack of fruit around 1130
Lunch 1230 pesto quiche
2.30 5oz
430 5oz

Dinner lamb potatoes and peas with cream rice.

Bed

My twinkles are almost 7 months,weaned at 6 months so still introducing as such!

7/7.30am wake 7oz bottle drinks
9/9.30am nap 1.5-2 hrs
11am wake
11.15am 7 oz bottle
11.45am half a jar each of pureed stuff,few spoonfuls of fruit stuff
12.30/1pm nap 2-2.5hrs
4pm 7oz bottle
4.30/5pm half jar each pureed stuff
6.30pm 7oz bottle make up some porridge with left over milk!

They don't always drink their bottles,always been hit or miss with formula! They are also starting to take more solids so will introduce a breakfast soon!

Our baby girl is 71/2months been weaning since 20 weeks due to reflux mainly but only offered basic baby rice and veg puree until 26 weeks this is our routine

745 wake for breakfast 8oz milk some added to baby porridge followed by rest of the milk (planning to move over to cows milk for porridge soon)

930 nap time for 30/40 minutes

1145-1215 2nd nap

1230 lunch time home made or jar of food 3 oz followed by 1-2 oz of fruit and yoghurt
With a drink of water or heinz baby juice recently stopped offering milk. (Eats some of mine as well lol )

Between 130-330 1 hour nap then couple of baby crisps or rice cakes as snacks
4pm dinner about half jar of food with little bit of finger food followed by 8oz bottle she doesn't usually finish it

700 9oz bottle
730 bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"