Whats your toddler´s favorite recipe?

Deeana

Reaction score
Hi moms!

As most toddlers, my 15 mo always seems to be more interested in playing than eating her meals… this has launched me on a quest to find healthy recipes that are appealing to baby.

Her favorite breakfast so far is this HEALTHY PANCAKE recipe:

Combine:
1 mashed banana
1 egg
ground oatmeal (enough to make dough thicker)
1 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch of cinamon
raisins, sliced almonds, blueberies, etc., optional

Heat a pan a bake as you would regular pancakes, and voila!!

Let me know if you try them out!

Pasta of all sorts is a particular favourite. We make a really yummy pasta sauce, which is from the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (which I highly recommend).

Basically, you roast a butternut squash, a bulb of fennel, a small onion, a carrot, chopped up, in some olive oil. Also toss in a few cloves of garlic, unpeeled, wrapped in foil onto the roasting tray. When all of it is nice and soft and caramelised, puree it with an immersion blender or other blender and thin out with a bit of chicken or vegetable stock. Stir in pasta and top with grated cheese. It's delicious! And full of healthy veg.

For breakfasts recently, we've also started to make a breakfast wrap with a mini tortilla (think one that is about 6 in in diameter), spread with cashew or other nut butter, topped with sliced banana, cinnamon and honey, then rolled up.

I also used up the last of the mini tortillas making cheesy sweetcorn roll-ups. Basically, top the tortilla with grated cheese and sweetcorn, microwave (you could also sauteed in a dry fry pan) for 20 seconds, roll up like a cigar! I gave them to my daughter with some guacamole for dipping. Would make a great lunch or an easy quick dinner with some other sides.

Pasta of all sorts is a particular favourite. We make a really yummy pasta sauce, which is from the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook (which I highly recommend).

Basically, you roast a butternut squash, a bulb of fennel, a small onion, a carrot, chopped up, in some olive oil. Also toss in a few cloves of garlic, unpeeled, wrapped in foil onto the roasting tray. When all of it is nice and soft and caramelised, puree it with an immersion blender or other blender and thin out with a bit of chicken or vegetable stock. Stir in pasta and top with grated cheese. It's delicious! And full of healthy veg.

For breakfasts recently, we've also started to make a breakfast wrap with a mini tortilla (think one that is about 6 in in diameter), spread with cashew or other nut butter, topped with sliced banana, cinnamon and honey, then rolled up.

I also used up the last of the mini tortillas making cheesy sweetcorn roll-ups. Basically, top the tortilla with grated cheese and sweetcorn, microwave (you could also sauteed in a dry fry pan) for 20 seconds, roll up like a cigar! I gave them to my daughter with some guacamole for dipping. Would make a great lunch or an easy quick dinner with some other sides.

Mmmmm sounds delicious! I will defenitely give them a try…! Im sure my DD will be pleased with new variety on her meals.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"