When are you buying stuff! Pram etc?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Just wondering when everyone is starting to buy?

I'm only 19 weeks but have found the pram I want at a bargain,oh doesn't want to buy that until the week before because we don't really have much room to store it plus he wants to get some house decorating done instead with the money!

I still havnt told many people about this pregnancy (only my boss and 2 close friends) and havnt bought a thing so it doesn't feel real yet! x

Jumping over from the third trimester here, I started buying around Christmas time as soon as I'd had my 12 week scan. We bought a lot in the Boxing Day/January sales and have saved quite a bit of money this way. I too found my pushchair at a bargain price and didn't want to leave it to chance. I understand people not wanting to do everything in advance but as the deals were there, I took advantage, I can't say I would have done the same if everything were full price though. I may have just bought a few pieces to keep me going through the pregnancy as it can drag at times!

With my son I started buying after my 20 week scan. Will do the same with this little one.

I wouldn't leave the pram to a week before if it were me, what if you have the baby early? If you've found a deal, go for it!

I also started buying after my 20th week cause I wanted to spread purchases across a few months so it doesn't burn a hole in our pocket all at once. Also by 35 weeks I wanted everything ready to go so all I could do is rest, prepare my hospital bag and not worry about what if I go into labor early and I've no car seat!?

I have bought some clothes, moses basket and blankets. Now the 20 week scan is out of the way i will begin the big shops.

I'm 16 weeks and already have my pram. We fell in love and got it for a good deal! We'll also look at a used cot on sunday that we really like so might buy that as well and maybe also a cosleeper. We like to spread the cost and it's comforting for me to know we're on top of things hahaha i'm a control freak kinda planner and like to have my things together :)

I need to buy the larger items like the cot and pram in advance so that my kitties get used to the presence and you know, not pee all over it, lol. Hope to get them by 7 months.
For now, my only buy is a few sets of ultra cute onesies and a storybook. Bought them after my 20 week scan :)

I'm 19 weeks but I've had my travel system since I was 12 weeks. My Grandma bought it as a gift for us, and it's staying at her house for the time being so I don't have to worry about storing it. It was too good of a price to pass.

We've ordered the nursery furniture and that's due to be delivered next week. We ordered it early as we couldn't decide on the colour so this will enable us to return it and get a new set in plenty of time, should we need to. Again, this was an offer price that was too good to pass.

Other little bits have been bought purely because they were such a good price. But for now, we're going to save for a few months then hopefully have more of an idea of what we need :)

I will start buying after 20 weeks scan. I like to know the gender before I buy.

I haven't bought anything yet. I will probably wait past my 20 week scan, but not too far. I have a fear of buying stuff and having to return it later... Idk if that's crazy of me?
My mom has already bought 3 outfits for my baby girl lol.

I'm 16 weeks and we've only bought our co-sleeper. Our list is really short though, so I'm not really worried about it. Clothes, hospital grade breast pump, car seat, a winter coat, and an infant insert to go with our baby carrier. No need for all the fuss this time around.

I say buy when you want to and definitely take advantage of deals. I have started looking at prams now at 20 weeks :) there's no deal on so I might wait to actually buy it to see if anything comes up cheaper but I'll probably start buying things here and there from now :)

We have DDs travel system in storage at my in laws so will use that. I ordered a baby wrap yesterday and we bought a next2me crib and a new bouncy chair last week. Clothes we have been picking up bargains since we found out gender at 17 weeks so we have a nice pile coming together. We have loads of boxes of nappies that DH bought cheap last year (I was preg but miscarried).
Think its just bits and bobs that we like rather than need now.

Need to decorate and finish replacing our windows and get a new shower door fitted. So Im nagging away to get those bits done.

Oh and we need another car as DH has a pick up truck and I have a VW Beetle (its pretty new so dont want to get rid) that wont be easy to get 2 kiddos in and out of.

I have my scan on the 1st July; always convinced something is gona go wrong even though this is my 4th and I'm growing rapidly!

I'm trying to hold out on the pram now even though the bargains keep shouting at me!!! I just don't know where I'd store it if I got it now!

I need everything so quite a bit to buy as didn't keep anything from the others so might start buying a few bits x

I have my scan on the 1st July; always convinced something is gona go wrong even though this is my 4th and I'm growing rapidly!

I'm trying to hold out on the pram now even though the bargains keep shouting at me!!! I just don't know where I'd store it if I got it now!

I need everything so quite a bit to buy as didn't keep anything from the others so might start buying a few bits x

We have storage issues too as we live in a flat roof maisonette. Other than wardrobes and a pantry cupboard we have no storage. DH is a builder so our garage is full of bricks and cement mixers lol.
Luckily DHs parents have a large self contained annexe that is empty so we use that to store everything but I understand the storage struggle.

I'm with you on storage, we live in a tiny 2 bed flat, it has 3 pretty good sized storage cupborads but they along with both bedrooms are full of crap so I wont be buying anything until I've had a good clear/sort out so probably in 2020 :haha:

I'm 21 weeks I already have my pram, car seat, moses basket, crib, clothes (need lots more yet), steriliser...I just buy stuff when I see it :)

We started buying stuff this month as it'd be too much for us economically to buy everything at once. So we're spreading out the cost. Bought a pram and car seat on sale and are planning on buying a crib and changing table next month plus a few diverse small items (such as pacifiers, bottles and a breast pump).

I already have some things from last time but qhen i have been seeing a bargain iv been getting it.

So far a lady at my toddlers group was wanting rid of her cot that her baby never ended up sleeping in and she was giving it away for free so i couldnt pass that up. I also got a bouncer that was too good a price so i would have taken them regardless of gestation.

Now i know gender i will be getting a few bits each month

I started buying after the 20 week scan too and ordered the furniture after 24 weeks. If it was the buggy you really want and it's on offer I would buy it now if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->