when can eat tomato?

T

tinytoes

I read it's quite acidic and should be avoided until LO is 1. Is this true? My LO has just eaten a puree of sweet potato, tomato, courgette and carot (all cooked). He gobbled it down!
I'd tried it before without the tomato and he really didnt like it.

Just hoping we dont get any horrid nappy suprises or tummy troubles later today!

I don't know, but I hope they can, was going to give Caitlyn some tomato and pasta!

The jars have tomato in them... bolognese etc, so I think it's fine if it;s cooked. Maybe they just mean raw tomato.... Although saying that, my boys were finger-fooding tomato with no probs when they were babies :hug:

Ally has tasted it from my plate (cooked in a sauce) but he hasn't had it raw or in any major quantities. I think maybe cooked definitely is okay but I'm going to ask the HV about giving it raw.

Max just had lasagna this afternoon Ill let you know how he feels

It's recommeneded you wait until 1 but that's just to hopefully avoid a problem with the acidity, if your baby can handle it it should be fine. My son is 15mo and he still can't have any tomato, he's very sensitive to it, but Casen was eating anything and everything by 10mo with no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->