When can I start

AK89

Reaction score
... dropping the occasional feed without pumping?

I'm just wondering 'cause I express once a day for times when I won't be here and so that OH can do the occasional feed so I can get more sleep, but I've been having to pump whenever she feeds anyway. I'm just longing for a sleep that's longer than 3 hours.

When does it generally tend to be that you can skip a feed without your milk supply dropping unless you pump??

I think they say 6 weeks if you are not having supply issues.

Personally, once my supply is settled I would just do it as long as I won't get engorged. If you are feeding on demand then your baby may change it up at any time anyways so I would say as long as you are comfortable you will be fine.

Whenever you feel you supply has regulated.

So look out for little or no engorgement at times when it used to happen (e.g first thing in the morning - this means your breasts know how much LO usually drinks). You may notice your nursing bras are no longer seeming as supportive and are too big.

It usually happens between 6 weeks and 3 months.

However it sounds like you are pumping an "extra" feed already, to build up your stash, so I think skipping a pumping session occasionally to get some sleep won't do your supply any harm cos it's be similar to if you'd fed LO that pumped feed instead of pumping.

Also not really a problem doing it occasionally if your baby is happy, healthy and gaining weight well. I had to be very strict about it because my LO was not gaining well, but if your body and baby seem to know what they are doing the odd missed one (especially after 6 weeks) shouldn't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->