When can you give kids tea?

As in black tea with milk and sugar? I wouldn't give it until they are teens, it's not that good for them really, its not that good for us ether. Niamh thinks she has a cup of tea every now and then but it's just milk and hot water

Adult? Its really unheard of here...maybe older teens.

i thought so, i know people who do. i read somewhere not until theyre 5, but i dont really see the point in it? much better a cup of warm milk x

Charlie has a cup of tea, but it's mostly milk and water with a few dips of a decaff teabag in it. He likes to dunk biscuits in it and doesn't drink it afterwards, it's more of a novelty thing because he see's adults drinking tea he wants to join in. He has his own little Dr Who mug :)

I wouldn't have a problem with it at any age if I'm honest. I wish my two would drink tea as neither if then will drink anything that is warm.
Tea for me is white and I'd never put sugar in it for them as I think that's pretty grim. I do try them every now and then and it's basically hot milk with a few dunks of the tea bag (decaf).

I've let my little ones sip on my teas since they were about 2 (ranging from white to black) --- I've also made them mini chai lattes out of black (or rooibos), once they were 5.

Rooibos is caffeine free and healthy for little ones (I gave plain and then later milky rooibos tea to my boys when they were babies [I want to say I introduced plain at around 7 or 9 months]). There are herbal concoctions that are safe and good for children too (example : https://www.davidsonstea.com/Childrens_Christmas_Tea_Tea_Bag.aspx).

My DD1 I think started drinking tea around the age of 4, but only when she's at grannies, and it's very milky, she's 7 now, DH and I don't drink tea or coffee at home so she doesn't get it at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->