When did even your most HORRIBLE sleeper start sleeping decent?

Wugz22

Reaction score
I have the WORLD'S WORST SLEEPER. 14 months into it and just found out I'm pregnant - somethings got to give! I don't even expect her to sleep through the night, but when will she stop waking up 10 times a night? And most nights one of her wake ups will consist of an hour or 2 hour long screaming fit. She's been this way forever, and my first was horrible sleeper too but nothing like this! He started sleeping through at 18 months so I am holding out hope that she might be settled by the time baby #3 comes! Any similar stories??

I think we could tie for worlds worst sleeper! My first son was a HORRIBLE sleeper. I swear it took years off of our lives and was traumatic for both my husband and I. I too found out I was pregnant when he was 15 months and knew we had to do something about his sleep. I'm happy to say that once my husband fully took over nighttime our son slept through at 18 months allowing at least a few months of restful sleep before babies arrival. Hope it gets better for you soon!

Ugh still waiting I'm afraid and my dd is 2.5 and never slept through. We optimistically conceived no 2 when she was 1 year old thinking that by the time 9 months passed and baby arrived she was bound to be sleeping through.......wrong!!! Baby now sleeps better than her. I have given up and just accept it now, I don't think she will ever sleep through 😂

My bad sleeper finally sleeps pretty well now at the age of 4. I'm now currently waiting it out with my second bad sleeper :haha:

2.5 years, sorry lol. I coslept and nursed her until she was 3 and had to cut way back on nursing and slowly cut out night feeds to get her to sleep. Now she sleeps like a champ. My 8 weeks old started off sleeping pretty well, then the pas week started the nursing every 1-2 hours. I learned from my first mistake to not let that get out of hand. Last night he was waking every 1-2 hours until I swaddled him and put him in a bassinet at the foot of the bed and he slept for a 4 hour stretch. I guess I am an attachment parenter by nature, but am learning to modify my ways so I dont stay sleep-deprived for almost 3 years again!

I sympathise with you I really do. My dd is 13 months and awake most of the night. We can have two hour long screaming fits where nothing calms her. We have tried everything, white noise, co sleeping, nursing her to sleep, cutting out naps, you name it and we have tried it. Well bar controlled crying as its not my cup of tea. I'm due our next in 6 weeks so hoping she calms down a little before then but really doubt it. I was t prepared for this as my son was such a good sleeper, was getting 8 hour stretches from when he was 9 weeks.

Mine started sleeping slightly better (not waking up 5+ times a night) when she was around 2.5 when I night weaned her. She still didn't reliably sleep through until she was over 3 and that was with cosleeping. She's 4.5 now and we cosleep a vast majority of the time so she sleeps through usually, but if she's in her own room she still wakes up in the middle of the night to come into ours. I'm sure I'd still be dealing with multiple wake ups if I made the effort to put her back in her room every time she came into ours.

With my older 2, 4.5 and 5.5 years old. My youngest is 10 months and he is up a minimum of 6 times a night, that is the wake ups I have had to go in for as properly crying, not counting when he fusses and whines a bit then drops off again, which is another several times. Been times I have given up counting after hitting 15 by midnight.

No clue why I seem to breed such awful sleepers. Have a good routine and stick to it. Eat plenty in the day, lots of cuddles etc.

My 2nd was a really bad sleeper, woke up every 45 minutes - 1 hour. For her the day number 3 was born was the day she suddenly started sleeping! She was just shy of 2.5years.

My ten week old wakes once a night and sleeps for about 12 hours, getting up at 8am then has her first nap less than 40 minutes later.

My almost 4 year old wakes 2-3 times a night and gets up and 4:45am! So still waiting here...

Our first was a pretty bad sleeper (at least compared to everyone I seemed to know who's baby slept through the night by 4 months!!) and she was up multiple times a night until about 13/14 months. We coslept because we were desperate and she started sleeping through (short wakeups once in awhile) around 14/15 months - but every time she's sick (even just a cold) she's up *all night long*. We are now pregnant with #2 and somehow I think I need to get her in her own room but we finally sleep...

Good luck - I hope you get some sleep soon!!!

16 months and sleeping through is not the norm even after intensive sleep training, but I can see that it's generally getting better, aside from illness and teeth etc, which are obviously every other week!

Up until 8.5 months he could easily be up 14 times a night
This is when we sleep trained. We reduced it to mostly 3 times or less
Now he's 16 months and has stuck at this point. On a good night it's only once, on a very bad night it can be every hour, and a couple of times a week if he's not ill or teething he'll sleep through.
After what we went through, I'll take that!

My #1 slept through by the time he was 8 weeks old (8hrs+) and stayed like that until he was about 7 months old. Then he suddenly started waking up at night. At first it was just once or twice a night but by the time he turned 1 he was up every single hour. Sometimes several times per hour. And then, less than a week after his first birthday, he suddenly started sleeping through again (12hrs+) and stayed like that up until now (2yrs 7months).
My daughter, on the other hand, has always been a poor sleeper! She's 14 months old now and still wakes up ever so frequently at night! I'm hoping this will change soon! I'm so exhausted! And we want to try for #3, too. 😬
I'd very much like to wean her, too but it's very difficult if the only way I can get her to go right back to sleep at night is when I let her suck for comfort. She doesn't accept pacifiers so, I don't know what to do.😩

My son turned 3 on sunday and I've been sitting here almost 2 hours to get him to sleep lol. I have people praying that our next one is a sleeper lol

My son was the worst sleeper of my three. Both of my girls slept good, even the newborn. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 4 weeks old... no joke. My son didn't sleep through the entire night until he was 18 months old. He would wake up crying in the middle of the night for unknown reasons. Nightmares, maybe? Even now at 2 1/2 years old he is still the one that wakes up first, and he isn't quiet when he does. He likes to jump on his bed all morning long.

My 1st was a horrendous sleeper, I would lie with him for about 2 hours before he'd go to sleep and then he'd still wake 2-3 times a night screaming and unsettled. He started sleeping much better at about 20 months old, just before my 2nd was born. He still quite often wakes once during the night but just comes in our bed and goes straight back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->