When did u drop a bottle? Advice needed

ClaireRJM

Reaction score
Olivia (6mths + 1 wk) has 3 meals a day & 8oz formula b4 each meal (plus 8oz bedtime feed)

When did others drop their formula intake? :wacko:

Also still unsure as to when to start increasing solids & de-creasing formlua? Give solids first then formula?

To be honest shes never gone to mad for solids - unless its something swet like yogurt/fruit etc

ADVIVE?!! :wacko:

formula should be their main source of nutrition up until 12 mths. id let her drop the feed when shes ready! :thumbup::hugs:

Nikki is right - although how do you know when they're ready? We certainly didn't know when Ruby was ready so we dropped the dreamfeed bottle to see if she missed it, and she didn't. She started to leave a bit of her bedtime bottle so we then dropped the 4pm bottle, again it wasn't missed.
I would say being on 3 meals a day, Olivia may well be ok not having one of her bottles, so maybe drop one and see how you do!

We stopped the dreamfeed when connah was 6 months like Claire just to see if he would miss it and he was fine...then we put his feeds down to 6oz before breakfast,5oz before lunch and dinner and 6oz before bed.

Im thinking of putting all his feeds down to 5oz in the next week or so though as Connah is taking more food. If i didnt decrease his feeds a little he would happily guzzle the same amount of milk aswel as 3 meals :wacko:

Do what you think is best hun and start small by taking off a few oz if you think your LO is ready :Dx

Claire, When Ruby dropped a whole bottle did she fuss for it at all? or did she not notice?

I have been decreasing an oz off every feed but maybe it would be better for him to drop a whole feed?
Would just like your view/opinion :flower:

Claire, When Ruby dropped a whole bottle did she fuss for it at all? or did she not notice?

I have been decreasing an oz off every feed but maybe it would be better for him to drop a whole feed?

No she didn't - it was only 5oz anyway, and we moved the lunchtime bottle to 2.30pm and made that 6oz, so there wasn't a big gap between feeds.
So she now has 20oz per day plus 3 meals.

It sounds like Connah is like Ruby with milk - would take it no matter what solids had been eaten!

No she didn't - it was only 5oz anyway, and we moved the lunchtime bottle to 2.30pm and made that 6oz, so there wasn't a big gap between feeds.
So she now has 20oz per day plus 3 meals.

It sounds like Connah is like Ruby with milk - would take it no matter what solids had been eaten!

Thanks, he does like his milk but he has alot at meal times. If i didnt control portion sizes he would carry on eating!

He is on 22oz so i may try him with dropping a feed as im sure that sounds more effective.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->