when did you all start applying for schools

beckynbump25

mommy to 1 an expecting
Reaction score
hiya all just a quick couple of questions,
My daughter is three this november so she will go too school the following september when she's nearly four is this right?

when shall i start applying now seems soo early but the right time how do i go about it? help please xxx

No hun they start the september following their 4th birthday so like my son was 4 in July and started september.

my other son is not 4 until 23rd september so he misses that september and will have to wait unitl following sept when he is nearly 5!!

the cut off is 31st Aug or 1st Sept so your lo will start the september when she is nearly 5 being one of the eldest in her year.

hth x

your best bet is to read up school age babes in your local area,maybe go to the council see what schools are in yoru area and then look for when they have open days attend them and then decide which one is best for your daughter.

Does she go to a pre school or nursery?
Children can get 15 hours free the term after their 3rd Birthday so she could start preschool/nursery in the January.

She would start reception class in full time school the term after her 4th Birthday so that would be Sept 2013?
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...rseriesPlaygroupsReceptionClasses/DG_10016103
This is a good site to look at and also have a look at your local schools, some have differing admissions.

My daughters name was down at 3 months for our Nursey attached to school and my son was 1 1/2 days old :lol:

My local council advise you to have a school place (not apply, HAVE) by the time they are 2 to avoid disappointment or problems. Schools in our area are rammed though xxx

I phoned a local popular one the other day for info and she basically said bugger off to early, another said fine pop in and we can put her name as a possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->