When did you girls start to get stretch marks??

17pregnant

Reaction score
I've come to accept that i'm going to get stretch marks, I have a few minor ones on my hips, hardly visible, but that's from puberty. None anywhere else. My mother never got one stretch mark during all three of her pregnancies, although she is a exercise freak! When did you mummies start to get them? And did you try use creams, etc to prevent them? Just preparing myself. I'm already using oils + creams, but maybe it's a waste of time, and money haha :)

Not long after 20 weeks, by 30 my whole bump, hips and back were covered :nope: You can't prevent them, but using a cream with vitamin E in is good as it helps keep the skin tight :)

Around 38-39 weeks I got a couple, but thats all I got

You are so lucky! Did you use creams or do anything special to help with that?

Not long after 20 weeks, by 30 my whole bump, hips and back were covered :nope: You can't prevent them, but using a cream with vitamin E in is good as it helps keep the skin tight :)

Yup I got a cocoa butter and mix it with pure natural vitamin e oil :) You got your mummy marks :) I'm preparing myself for it, in the beginning I thought it'd be the end of the world.

I'm unlucky and got them around 16-17 weeks

Are they bad hun? I know it's from rapid weight gain, and at the rate i'm going, they will be soon. I used to be a size 8, I don't know what that is in US sizes, maybe the same? Lol, and now I can hardly fit anything but tights, already! I'm putting on weight fast :/

I just used my regular moisturizer that ive always used.. Its like vaseline with shea butter or something like that. I dont know if it helped or not, I think some women are prone to get them others arent. My mom has none so mabye its genetic. I dont know, but they fade quite a bit in time if you do wind up with them. Just keep moisturizing cuz that does help the itchiness anyways, and scratching will give you more stretch marks.

Thanks :) I hope it's genetic my mum has none. But I will keep the moisturizing up then.

I didn't get any at all :) I nightie got them if I'd gone to full term, who knows, but they're not inevitable :) I was convinced I'd get them but I didn't get one :D

Yeah they're bad, and my mom also had them. Cocoa butter works great for me!!:)

I haven't gotten any on my stomach yet. Probably will end up with a couple towards the last few weeks, but oh well. Well worth it. :) I haven't really done anything to try to prevent them, just put regular lotion on when I remember.

I've got a couple of bad ones on my hips and back :( I'm not sure how long they've been there, I only noticed them a few weeks back :haha: I found my first one on my bump earlier though! Right above my belly button, so I slathered some more cocoa butter on them lol, I only really use it when I remember, I should do it more! (It's the palmers cocoa butter, the sample pots in the Emma's diary packs :haha: )

Im 33 weeks I dont have any on my stomach or thighs or anywhere. Only place is a few small purpleish ones on my boobs. I moisterize with jergens cocoa butter for stretch marks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->