When did you move your baby to their own room?

Sammy181

Katie's Mum
Reaction score
Katie is now 10 weeks old and I'll be moving her into her cot from the moses basket. I can't decide whether to bring the cot into our room or put her in her nursery. I know advice says keep in same room til 6 months to reduce the risk of cot death but many people out babies in their own rooms from 6 weeks?

It's hard to know what to do. I have the monitor with the tv screen so at least I'd be able to watch and listen at the same time!

Any advice?

6 months with a strop lol!!! Even with the breathing monitor.

Its really what your comfy with?

Colton's still in our room, mainly because we live with OH's mother. Otherwise he would be in his own room-he sleeps better when it's quiet and there isn't anything to disrupt him.

Place the cot in your room for now.10 weeks is very small to be in their own room already.

Dec has been in his own room from 4 months, do whatever you feel comfortable with,

I have the cot in our room too and wont be puttin him in his own room till at least 6 months xxx

We moved Jake into his own room a while ago - I think it was between 3 and 4 months. I know it's not allowed but we've all slept so much better since we did it and I'm a really light sleeper so I don't think it's any different (for me) if I hear him beside me or through the monitor.

We moved Jake into his own room a while ago - I think it was between 3 and 4 months. I know it's not allowed but we've all slept so much better since we did it and I'm a really light sleeper so I don't think it's any different (for me) if I hear him beside me or through the monitor.

Same here :D

Kaiden Is 9 Months And Still in My Room!! Thats only Because I Live With My Parents N Theres Not Alot Of Space...But it Took Me Until He Was About 7 Months To Even Leave Him Upstairs With his Monitor On!! :| But I Spose Im Jus Paranoid I Read To Many Magazines!! If I Ever Had another Baby and Had My Own Place Id Do It Tottally Diffrent...Own room From About 6 Months!! x

Kyles been in his room since around 4 and a half months. He took to it great, and slept so much better cause we werent disturbing him when we were moving around x

kira has been her room since she was a couple of weeks old, and she started sleeping through before she was two months old cos of it, cos i would feed her during the night on a chair so i wouldn't fall asleep so she would resettle herself in her cot, and i found she slept so much better in her cot instead of her moses basket cos their was noone to distrub her. i did the same with kacy but she didn't go in her own room till she was 2 and a half months old and she was sleeping through once before hand.

Its what u feel comfortable with hun really. but to be honest i can't see how them being in ur room till they are 6 months old prevents cot death, ur not watching them sleep are u.

Hannah is in her own room, but its right off our room (is actually meant to be a solarium) and connects to our room with sliding doors which we leave open. Do what you feel most comfortable with :hug:

Follow your heart hun...do what you feel is right...i don't plan on putting my LO in his own room for some time as he is a sicky baby and im so scred that he will choke...xx

Thanks for all the replies - I think I'll move the cot into our room and keep Katie with us for a while yet and she how she gets on. Her hands keep hitting the sides of the moses basket!

Ours went into their own room at 10 weeks and it was blessed relief all round! They had started sleeping through and we slept better for getting our space back.

I agree with Vicky on the whole cot death thing though I know all the research is to the contrary.

I put Max in his room at 8 weeks old ..what i did since he looked so lost in his crib is I had his saftey first pillows" he cant rollover with those" and put the biggest cuddliest blankie all around him below his arms of course !

The monito i have is so great i hear him breath and im happy ! I got him out of my room becasue i need my space and alone time with OH ..baby boy is doing great now and he slept 6 hrs the first night he slept in his criband still doing it now ..in his bassinet next to me hed sleep mabey 3 hrs not more

Its all how you feel ..I knew max was ready for his crib whne i saw him do this lol and he was only 4 weeks on this one but i didnt do ti until 10

Attachments

• n514193283_675489_95.jpg
    n514193283_675489_95.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
We don't have room in our room for a cot :-(... is this ok to put her in her own, she wont fit in her basket forever

xxx

If u feel comfortable doing that then thats fine huni. And of course if Katie settles. Oliver was 5months when he slept in his own room and in his cot. And he actually slept better on his own! I dont think theres anything wrong with it if you and baby are both happy sleepin in seperate rooms, good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->