When did you pack?

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
I'm 10 days away from third trimester and being ultra organised. Nursery sorted and have almost everything I need. The next thing on my list is hospital bag, though I won't be doing it for another 7-8 weeks. I'm just wondering when did you pack your hospital bag? X

I will be 36 weeks in a couple of days and have yet to pack. I think I will be putting it all together this weekend, hopefully. But the timing is really up to you. Some women start packing at 30 weeks and some wait as late as 39 weeks.

I started at 37 weeks I think, finished it a few days ago (39 weeks)

I have everything in my list, but I didn't pack anything in bags yet. I will do it when my labor starts or my waters break. I think it adds a lot in stress when you have a bag ready by the door waiting for you.

I started throwing bits in as a boiight them a few weeks ago.

Need to get it properly sorted though.

At 27/28 weeks I was so motivated and impatient to do it. But now I know I need to buy keep not bothering! Baby's is all done but mines only halfway there.

I wanted to start at 32 weeks and thought Nah its too early yet. I'm now 38 weeks and still haven't finished it! To be fair, I'm having a homebirth so it's only an emergency bag anyway. Not a lot is going in it x

i started mine at 36 weeks it's mostly done with just a few odds and ends. you don't need as much as you think you do and could pack it in 5 mins if it arose.

just have a list of what you need to grab incase

i am 32+4days and i have bought some bits and bobs but they are all over the house - OH acutally bought hospital bag last weekend - but it is really big - i think i might just use the same one for baby and I and OH things...is that OK does any one know or does LO need a separate bag?

I go on maternity leave in about 3weeks and will aim to complete the shopping and pack before i get to 37 weeks... so 35/36?!

i think i might just use the same one for baby and I and OH things...is that OK does any one know or does LO need a separate bag?

I got a separate bag for LO, but just because mine is a small carry on, and can't fit all our stuff together. If yours is a big one, and can fit all your stuff, I think it makes sense and it is probable easier to have to deal with only 1 bag.
Bare in mind you will probably get tons of freebies in the hospital from the companies that visit to leave free samples of stuff like formula, bottles, nappies, etc so you need some room to take these w/ you.

I've wrote lists so far of what need to go in hospital bags, will actually pack bags around 36 weeks I think

X

I packed mine and the baby's yesterday (39+1). With my last pregnancy I went into labour on the day I packed my bags so I had high hopes yesterday that unfortunately weren't realised :-(

I think I'll do it around 39 weeks :).

I'm just 28 weeks and have started buying stuff and throwing it all in a plastic bag to then pack later on down the line. I asked a few friends and they were all like 'by 30 weeks just in case'. Now I wonder if I have over-organised and paranoid friends looking at this thread ;-)

I think I am going to pack my bags at 34 weeks. I have bought a few travel size toiletries, but nothing packed.
I will either take a back pack for myself, a duffle bag for my husband or one big bag for us to share, and of course a diaper bag for baby.

you really dont NEED much....the hospitals usually have everything you NEED, but you wanna pack for the "wants", your own toothpaste, body wash, lotions, sprays, etc.
I may take a robe to cover up when i have visitors.

:)

happy packing! :happydance:

i think i might just use the same one for baby and I and OH things...is that OK does any one know or does LO need a separate bag?

I got a separate bag for LO, but just because mine is a small carry on, and can't fit all our stuff together. If yours is a big one, and can fit all your stuff, I think it makes sense and it is probable easier to have to deal with only 1 bag.
Bare in mind you will probably get tons of freebies in the hospital from the companies that visit to leave free samples of stuff like formula, bottles, nappies, etc so you need some room to take these w/ you.

thanks for this Lily28 - i will just have the one bag then - makes sense too i guess

My son arrived at 34 weeks, I packed the night before when I was told I'd be having a c section. I'm determined this ones staying in longer so refuse to pack it till after 34 weeks! Will probably end up getting done about 37/38 weeks if there's no sign of her coming early. Most things, are things I need every day, hairbrush/toothbrush/clothes/toiletries etc. x

Not in the UK she won't - not bottles or formula anyway - it's illegal to promote formula feeding. And she may get a nappy, perhaps two, but that would be it!

oh can i just mention ladies, that whilst that shower gel you love smells divine (hence why you love it) it masks the smell of you which can confuse baby and can distract some from BF'ing

Not in the UK she won't - not bottles or formula anyway - it's illegal to promote formula feeding. And she may get a nappy, perhaps two, but that would be it!
Oooh I didn't know that! Here it is very different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->