When did you start working out?

Mommy2B08

Reaction score
My lo is 6 weeks old and ive been given the ok to work out... I want to join a gym but im scared of doing ab exercises. My stomach is still a lil tender sometimes but Im ready to loose this weight. So when did you start working out and did you start off slowely? How was it? Do you think its 2 soon for me to really exercise?

I don't think it's too soon for you to start. Most doctors would tell you that at 6 weeks PP most people are OK to workout as long as you do as much as you feel comfortable doing. Take it slow. I joined a gym when my LO was 6 weeks, I'd only go 3 x a week or so and would only do about 30 mins at a time, because doing more than that really made me uncomfortable.

I started doing exercise again at 6 weeks. I wasn't brave enought to join a gym tho!!
Well done you!

I did the Davina McCall DVD - she has a pre & post natal workout DVD out. The post natal bit shows you how to check your stomach muscles are ready for gentle sit-ups and how to hold them if they're not quite ready. It builds up very slowly but I found it to be a good workout and very effective. It might be worth a look if you're a bit worried about overdoing it?

Whatever you do, take it slowly and if you feel any pain... stop! You can always start again another day :)

Good luck with it! :)

I didn't do anything really until 4 months, as my LO was a very very bad sleeper, I just couldn't recover from my workouts. I lifted before and during my pregnancy until 40 weeks, and then went pretty hardcore from 6 months on. Don't feel bad if you have to take your time.

I didnt start till after 6wk i think, started really slowly, 10min sessions all i could manage, because of the weight i was, do it when your ready and listen to your body if it hurts after 10mins stop, have break come back in few hours for another session.

Be careful with your stomach. Make sure there is no diastasis recti (your doctor will confirm). You don't need to do much with your abs, the main proper lifts (squat, deadlift, bench) will work them just as well. Doing tons of situps after baby is the #1 mistake women make. Overall strength and conditioning is key. At the most, I would do stomach vacuums and the plank. Don't end up hurting yourself.

I didn't start until my daughter was a year old. :haha: I had a c-section that was infected and took months to heal. Than ended up moving house and just never found the time to focus on weightloss. In the past 7 months I've lost 50 lbs. I have taken my time and let it come off slowly. I'm 10 lbs under pre-pregnancy weight but still have 10-20 more to lose before I'll be happy. :lol: Just enjoy your baby and take it easy at first. :flower:

Can anyone tell me what's the best time to start workout after child-birth

Can anyone tell me what's the best time to start workout after child-birth

It completely depends on a variety of factors - first, after your doctor 'clears' you and confirms you have no injuries/conditions that need to be taken care of (ie. diastasis recti abdominal separation from pregnancy), then you need to make sure you are well rested enough/eating well enough in order to recover from your workouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->