when did you start your routine? and naps advice

T

tinytoes

am trying to get into one now - from 2 months. seems its easier said than done.

so far i've established:
8.30 - 9 get up and dressed etc
9-10.30 playtime
10.30 - 11.30 try with all my might to get LO to sleep in his proper cot upstairs
11.30 give up and come downstairs!!....and now LO seems to have dozed off in travel cot in living room without all of Mum's efforts...pft

how long does it take for you to get your LO to fall asleep?
Last night it was 1.5 hours for me..

Does he/she always nap in the same place?

Caitlyn got herself into a routine. It's not perfect but it works for both of us.

She goes to bed at 8pm, gets up at 8am, has a feed, goes back to sleep untill 12pm then is awake most of the day so we can do stuff. I can get everything done between 8 and 12. It's brilliant. I will probably try and sort her naps and stuff out soon I guess.

oh that is great Toria! When she goes back to sleep after breakfast does she sleep back in your bed? her cot? Or somewhere else? Just curious. I read that babies should nap in the same place they sleep at night...but I'm finding this tough.

our baby is one month old and we've had a bedtime routine since we got back from hospital. starting at 8pm with wash, etc. she's usually asleep for nine, half nine. wakes once sometimes twice for a night feed. feed again while oh gets ready for work at 6.30am. then it's a free for all. se alls asleep feeding i put her down, she screams. that's pretty much my day!!!!! would live it if she slept a bit during the day....be interesting to see what routines others have...?

our baby is one month old and we've had a bedtime routine since we got back from hospital. starting at 8pm with wash, etc. she's usually asleep for nine, half nine. wakes once sometimes twice for a night feed. feed again while oh gets ready for work at 6.30am. then it's a free for all. se alls asleep feeding i put her down, she screams. that's pretty much my day!!!!! would live it if she slept a bit during the day....be interesting to see what routines others have...?

mine is a bit like yours - we've bedtime sorted it's just the days which - as you say - is a bit of a free for all. And if I'm not careful Ted doesnt nap for long and gets really grumpy....maybe it'll just happen naturally in time? (I'm an optomist maybe!!..)

Kaleas in quite a good routine already, but one thing I have never done is 'try to get my child to sleep'. Once Kaleas fed she's laid down. I'm not one to hold my child alot if I can get away with it. Was same with Mikey.

Kaleas in quite a good routine already, but one thing I have never done is 'try to get my child to sleep'. Once Kaleas fed she's laid down. I'm not one to hold my child alot if I can get away with it. Was same with Mikey.

do they not just lie there and scream?...

mine does :cry: at the moment anyway...

Tiny there is hope.....
Tabs was just like your LO but now 50% of the time she can get herself off. I put her in her rocking or bouncy chair or put some pillows in her pram so she can see me getting on with stuff then give her the dummy (only for these times) and she 50% of the time drifts off on her own!
:hugs:

She used to do the death scream at first but now she just does a whingy cry then realises im in the room and nods off

She used to do the death scream at first but now she just does a whingy cry then realises im in the room and nods off

haha death scream indeed.
Ted does nod off on ocasions, but usually i have to encourage him...for a good while. i've just discovered he likes dancing so i'm becoming a big fan of the music channels. and my arms are beefing up!! seems to send him off better than regular baby rocking. neighbours prob think i'm a bit mad but it seems to work.

no one seems to put LO down in their bedtime cot by day? maybe that was my mistake?

I lay and cuddle with colton during most of his day naps. If I have to get stuff done and cannot lay with him he is usually in his crib; where he also sleeps at night. Right now he is between me and the comp sleeping :cloud9:
I also cannot get him to sleep on his own. and here recently he has started trying to keep himself awake.. even though he is clearly tired, but he will sit here and hollar. He isnt crying, just yelling really loud and does this until he doses off. It can be quite upsetting because he will do it for 15-20 minutes!

We're in a good routine. No more death wail crying! :)

We bathe and nurse until she falls asleep around 9:00pm.

She sleeps until 2:30-4:30 when she starts to whine I can hear her and I get up before she's in a full cry, she nurses and in 20 minutes I'm back in bed.

She sleeps until 7:30 or so, then she is awake for 2 hours then sleeps for one the rest of the day.

At night she sleeps in her crib. During the day she naps in various places (in my Moby baby carrier, in the pack-n-play here at work, in a crib at granny's or on our bed.

Sometimes when I get home from work, I'll lay down with her for a nap.

Hope that helps!
:hug:

Try for a couple of weeks writing down every time he eats,how long for or how much on your evening bottle etc when he sleeps and how long for etc then chart it so you can see a whole week on one page with days down the side and 1am,2am3am etc at the top and mark in diff colours sleeps and eats and when :-(
its worked for us i know roughly now when she will be tired and when she is hungry etc
She is not a baby who has regular feeds of say 6oz a time. She has 5 here 3 there etc but all nicely spaced out and her naps are always the same timespan from when she gets up in the morning.
It really helped me and i still do it! The only thing to work out a routine for us really instead of trying for an hour to get her to nap etc. she is so wide awake and alert always and bright as a button!
Give it a go and see :hugs:

i dont have a routine, ella just does what she wants and sleeps when she wants. I dont do routines :lol: I never get it done in time. i just do whatevers best at the time for everyone.

oh that is great Toria! When she goes back to sleep after breakfast does she sleep back in your bed? her cot? Or somewhere else? Just curious. I read that babies should nap in the same place they sleep at night...but I'm finding this tough.

Yeah I always put her in my bed. I'm sure I won't be so trusting when she can get up and move though. Going to move her into the cot around 5 months. Dreading it!!

i let him decide when to sleep ===so when he's tired enough he's out for the night---usually between 8 and 10pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->