When did you....

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
...start buying things for baby? :)
My mum went out & brought some scratch mitts like the same day i told her! Also i brought a little fluffy all in one which i love! Couldnt resist!

So only a few small cheap bits so far, but when did everyone start looking into putting deposits down on a pushchair etc? (I've seen an icandy & ive fallen in love & its on offer at the moment!)

By the way i am just over 12 weeks Xxxx

I'm going on 18 and still haven't bought anything. I don't wanna get my hopes up if something goes wrong or jinx myself so I'm pretty much waiting for my v-day. I'm a worry wart

...start buying things for baby? :)
My mum went out & brought some scratch mitts like the same day i told her! Also i brought a little fluffy all in one which i love! Couldnt resist!

So only a few small cheap bits so far, but when did everyone start looking into putting deposits down on a pushchair etc? (I've seen an icandy & ive fallen in love & its on offer at the moment!)

By the way i am just over 12 weeks Xxxx

Clothes around 16 weeks. The rest later on, my changing unit was around 30 weeks, pram I paid for all in one go at 37 weeks and our moses basket came 4 days before I was due :haha: Then bits and bobs like socks, mitts, toiletries all through but mostly right to the end.

Waiting to get big things until we move now! What iCandy is it? I have the Cherry and they are amazing prams! Hoping I can get an iCandy double but I'm not the biggest fan of the design of the seats, so hope I like them in person! :D

Thanks :) i am a big worrier too! I just think i'll never feel 100% reassured im having a healthy baby until he/she gets here haha.
& its the icandy peach 2. I love it! Im deffo getting that one :) xx

I can't remember when I got a lot of it tbh... 20-something Weeks for clothes... Ordered my pram after being in hospital having contractions :p ran out to get changing mat and some other essentials after second time in hospital... Had to send my dad to get baby bath during 3rd and final hospital stay... So if say I left things late :L

It is completely normal to worry.. I worried about every little thing with my first daughter. Everything is going to be okay though. I bought clothes around 20 weeks after finding out the gender. Crib, car seat, stroller, most large items around 32-33 weeks and then diapers, wipes, toys etc. from 35 weeks and on. Enjoy, shopping is for your little one will be fun!

We waited until after we found out the sex to start buying things with LO #1. I'm not sure when we'll start this time, because I'm hoping to stay team :yellow:

You can shop whenever you feel comfortable doing so. There's no right or wrong answer. :flow:

I found it very hard to resist with buying things after my 12 week scan, and gave in to buying a few outfits and a Moses basket. I want to try and spread the cost of everything over the 9 months, so it's not such a shock to the bank account! I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy more until after my 20 week scan.

I think every person is different, and there is no 'right time' to start buying. It's all about when you feel most comfortable!

I started buying at about 14 weeks after I'd had my scan and I'm now 30 weeks and already got everything!

I laybyed car seats when they were half price I was about 12 weeks, I bought the cot at 18 weeks, so just last week, and the next thing on my list is the changing table, which ill buy when I have the money for, then after that the stroller, just knocking out all the big stuff, our families will buy enough cute clothes, plus baby shower and all I'm not going to worry too much about that stuff until after x

with Jamie I waited till after 12 week scan to buy little bits, I think about 35 weeks I got all the big bits like pushchairs, cot, things like that. With this one ill probs do the same, ill be moving out hopefully February so I wont buy any big things till then x

Thanks for replies :) its just hard not to buy anything cute when you see it! But anything big like a cot or moses basket i'm waiting til im way over 20 weeks as it takes up too much space. Lol. Also nappies & wipes il be getting right at the very end :) xxx

It's SO hard, haha! But then if you buy too early, you're just staring at them longer, lol.

I started buying things as soon as I found out. I've bought 150$ worth if stuff from once upon a child ( gently used items) that is still selling in stores and I would have paid 390. But we are on a budget, so buying as we go us a must! We're only buying what were not putting on the registry.

I've gone with black, you cant go wrong! Goes with everything & plus it will be easier to sell if i wanted too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->