When did your BF baby start going longer at night?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I know it's early days for DS and I at 9 days in, but a newborn and toddler (who gets up at 6am) is taking it's toll and I'm just looking for others' experiences as to when their baby started going longer between feeds at night. Say 5-6 hours? Need some light at the end of this tunnel :flower:

Totally depends on your baby.

We occasionally got 5 hrs at the beginning of the night at around 5months, but more often it was a 4 hr stretch then up every 2.5/3hrs after that. At around 10 months I thought we'd cracked it as we were down to one wake up at about 2am but then teething kicked in and we were back to square one!

We have been getting a 5-7 hour stretch since about 6 weeks but it isn't consistent and sometimes we will be up every 2-3 hours.

X

My er said it would be when he started solids at 6 months, but there is a growth spurt at 6 months so it actually got worse. Then sleeping 7pm-8am and only waking around 2am started around 6.5 months. We started finger foods a few weeks ago and he's been sttn! We r still bf too

My dd sttn at 2 weeks. From 7pm till 5am! Then at 6 Mo started waking every 2 hrs... my son is 3 weeks now and wakes after 4 then 3 hrs. But he eats every 1 and 1/2 to 2 hrs during the day

My 2 week old has been getting 4 hours between about midnight and 4am most nights for a while now, then it's about every 2 for the next couple of feeds. I actually got a 5 hour gap the other night!

Mine's just started sleepng 5 hour stretches this week after starting solids, going in his own room and a little bit of gentle sleep training :happydance: Before that he was up every hour :(

He's just turned 6 months

My son is 9 weeks old and for about 2 weeks will go 730-130 or 200. Then again at 5/530 and up for the day at 630/7. Last night he was up every 2.5 hours but hoping it was immunisations!

Not happened for me yet. Got a little bit worse recently hoping it's the '4 month growth spurt'

He has started going to bed between 6 and 7 same time as ds1 so :thumbup: to that. Waking crying between 9:30-10:30 try to settle with dummy does not happen so end up feeding him. Then sleeps until around 1am and then he's in bed with me then feeding between 2-3hours.

Recently started doing green poop around 5 am and crying (lovely) so we have to go downstairs for a nappy change and cuddle then get back in bed.

I'm with you on the disturbed sleep and a toddler! I think I'm sorta getting used to being tired if that makes sense and just plod on.

My toddler has a great sleep in the afternoon still I would catch up then but oh no they never sleep at the same time ha ha x

Mine started *usually* doing at least 5 hours at about 9 weeks. She occasionally goes back to only 4 hours. That being said, my dd one does one long stretch and then is up every hour after that.I am thankful she does a longer stretch but sometimes a few 3-hrstretches can have their perks as well.

My guy had his best sleep between 2 and 3 months old often having a 5 hour stretch to Starr the night, it's been up and down since which is pretty normal

Sophie was waking once a night by 10ish weeks. That lasted until the 4 month regression and she has never slept as well since :(

My son was waking every hour or more until 3 weeks but we discovered this was more because he didn't like sleeping alone than actually being hungry. After bringing him to bed with us he started going 2-3 hours and now averages 3, sometimes 4.

Thanks to op for posting this and everyone who has replied. It's interesting reading everyone's replies and nice to know I'm not alone x

My firstborn woke every hour for the first 6 weeks. He was a small baby (5lbs) and born early though, so I'm thinking that's why. At 2 months, he woke every 2-3 hours. By some miracle, he suddenly started sleeping through the night (7-8+ hours) at 3 months. He's been a great sleeper since.

My daughter is only 4 weeks old now and typically wakes every 2-2.5 hours.

My 2 week old has been getting 4 hours between about midnight and 4am most nights for a while now, then it's about every 2 for the next couple of feeds. I actually got a 5 hour gap the other night!

Ditto! Except my LO is 3 weeks old now. She has been doing this since she was about 5 days. I wake her up if she goes longer than 4 hours though.

We just started to get some longer stretches at four and a half months. Now at just over five months he does 7.30 - 3.30 - 6/6.30 roughly. We still have the odd night of two hourly feeds, but much better than before x

Every night is different for us. We have had a few 4-5 hour stretches then last night it was up every hour or two. DD is nearly 8 weeks.

Mine went longer stretches from about 8 weeks and was STTN at 10 weeks. But then the 4 month sleep regression messed all that up and she's never slept through since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->