When did your kid(s) lose their first teeth?

jrob

Reaction score
I keep thinking it's about to happen. My step-son's teeth have started shifting and one of his bottom front teeth has been hurting him. But this has been going on for months and nothing has started getting loose. It's been way too long since I lost a tooth. But I don't remember it hurting to the touch like that before it got loose. He is 7 and most of the kids in his class have lost at least one or two teeth. He didn't get his baby teeth late, so I don't think that's it. I had what the dentist called an "immature mouth" and had not lost all my teeth when I got my braces. I had to get 4 teeth pulled at 12 or 13 so that the adult teeth could start coming in. That was awful. I don't know if that's necessarily what is going on with him, but it obviously has crossed my mind since it happened to me. Do you think we should take him to the dentist sooner or just wait for his next dental check-up a few months from now? I've read articles saying between 5 and 6 kids lose their first teeth, while others say between 6 and 8. So I was just wondering, at what age did your kids lose their first teeth?

Most child lost hia first tooth at 6 years of age. As it is hurting your son and you had issues when you were young I would make a dentist appointment now to get things looked at. You will feel better if you don't wait. And you would feel bad if getting him in sooner would have helped him and you didn't take him in. Better safe then sorry I think.

If it's hurting and not getting loose then I'd take him to the dentist to get it looked at in case there is a problem.

My son lost his first tooth at 4 years and my daughter is 5 and there are no signs of her loosing any yet. They were 6 months and 7 months when they cut their first teeth.

My daughter just lost her first tooth and she's 6 1/2. I think it's different for everyone. There are kids in her class with complete rows of front teeth, and others who have lost none. I would definitely get it checked out if it's causing him pain, though. :)

I am a primary teacher and the year where most children seem to lose teeth is Year 1, so age 5-6.

Lydia was 5

Alex was 6 years 8 months

Jason and Nathan haven't lost any yet

my DS hasnt lost any yet and hes nearly 6 but his friends have lost some

dont know how old I was when I lost my first tooth but I was in the middle of my schools final exams when I lost my last baby tooth (molar at the back) so would of been 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->