When did your little people sleep through the night without a nappy?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
LO is now 4 years old and I am seeing no sign of him coming out of nappies at night any time soon. At what age did your LO's come out of nappies at night? I know a lot of people told me that it would just happen, am I just worrying about nothing? X

hey. I wouldn't worry too much. DD was 2 1/2 when she didn't need a nappy at night. But a friends dd was just 4 and another friends twins are 5 1/2 and one still has a pull up at night. I'm sure they do all come to it eventually. Are you in the uk? if your worried maybe ask your HV

My ds was 5

My dd was 7

They both did it themselves

Joel was 3. He will be 5 in January and he has never wet the bed once. I wouldn't worry about it, each child learns at different speeds. Try not giving a drink for about an hour before bed and insist they use the toilet before they get put in to bed x

My eldest was in night nappies until he was 5/6 years old

My youngest hasnt had a night nappy since he was 23 months old.

They both decided themselves when they were ready.

Lewis is 4 next week and we've tried a few times, mainly because he says he doesn't want to wear a pull up anymore.

He didn't manage it either time!!

We tried not giving him a drink an hour before bed (which I hated doing as I don't think you should stop them drinking if they're thirsty) and we also tried waking him up a couple of hours after he went to bed. Some days he was dry others he still wet and even that didn't wake him up. I guess he'll get there in his own time.

My eldest DD was 35 months old and she only ever wet the bed once in her life when she had chicken pox and was quite sick, but her cousin still sometimes wets the bed and she is 6 years old now - she has been out of night nappies since she was 4 even despite this.

Madeleine was four, I have a friend whose girl is five and still wears a nappy at night

Lucas was shortly after his 4th Birthday, we never rationed liquid but did wake him for a wee about midnight when we went to bed, they will do it when they are ready :flower:

My ds1 was 4 and a half and my ds2 was 2 and a half . My ds1 is now 6 and a half and has the odd accident now and again and i know of at least 3 children in his class that still wear pull ups/nappies at night. They will do it in their own time imo.

Thanks for your replies ladies, I don't feel as concerned anymore. I guess iv just got to wait till he is ready I guess x

Daniel is 5 and still wears them. It doesn't matter how long before bed that i stop him drinking he will still wee overnight in his nappy.

I am hoping that one day he'll just get it. I have spoken to our HV about it and she says its not a problem at this stage.

DS was 2.5. Have you cut back all fluids 3-4 hours before bedtime? We had to do that for the first little bit.

My daughter Thea was 2 and half when she slept through the night and was dry until morning, this lasted about 6 months and then she got unsettled when I started seeing someone new and went through a faze of bed wetting, it seemed that whenever she had any change the bes wetting started again, now were in a much happier family situation and shes not wet the bed for about a year, all children are different :)

My son is nearly 6 and hasn't been out of nappies long, my daughter is 4 and still wears them. x

I have been woryprying a bit about this recently, but it seems I shouldn't going my the replies on here. Madi is nearly 4 and she still wears a nappy for bed.

Good to know some were older. It sounds like they just do it on their own. We don't really want to ration fluids either, since they're out running around when it's hot out until bed time. Our 2.5 year old day potty trained himself when he was 2, and doesn't really pee in his diaper at night, so it's been 2 very different experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->