when did your lo chose dominant hand?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My dd starts school in September and doesn't yet seem to have a dominant hand. Her nursery teacher seems to think she is left handed however at home I've seen her write/draw with her right. Playing games she throws a ball/feeds babies with her left however. Sorry for the long post (as always) is it likely she is ambidextrous or is it just too early still?

My eldest has been left handed almost since birth haha! But with my middle one, he was probably about 2 when we realised that he was using his left hand to colour but his right hand for everything else. Now at aged 6 he still does this, so he is left handed for writing but with everything else it's like he's right handed. My 3 year old still swaps and changes almost daily!

She can write her name with both hands, and swaps between both but always picks the pencil up with her right. My almost 3 year old always draws and eats with his left hand so most likely is left handed.

My 4 year old uses both hands fairly evenly. So far no real dominance has appeared.

All 3 of mine always used their right hand. By the time they were a year old, they were using their right hand to build towers, shape sorters etc and have never used their left for anything at all!

must have been closer to 5 years old. dont think she had a dominant hand for l9ng. shes is still quite good with her left hand too but definitely better with right. I am quite confident with my left hand too so she maybe right ambidextrous.

My first two had a preference for the right hand right from the start. Emma seems to use either hand.

DS1 from birth! Seriously would barely even lift his right hand, swiped at toys with left, picked up things with left and now at 8 most deffinately left, never a question.

DS2 is 4, he tends to write/colour with his right now but would use either when he was younger.

Going by how my kids at opposite in EVERYTHING will assume he is going to stick with his right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->