when did your lo drop from 4 feeds to 3

Crosby

Reaction score
Thats it. Just want to gather some info.

My lo is eating really well, breakfast and lunch full size and snacks at dinner time. Because its not technically 3 times a day (only snack at dinner) i wonder if she is likely to drop a feed soon as she isnt fussed about a bottle at 11 (i currently give 4 - at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 6pm) i wonder if she is still full from breakfast (which is at 9am)...

I feel like im constantly cooking and feeding lol
Bottle 7am
Brekkie 9am
Bottle 11am
Lunch 1pm
Bottle 3pm
Snack at 5pm
Bottle 6pm

Does this seem like she may be wanting to drop a feed?

We dropped the fourth bottle about a month ago. She has a bottle about 6ish, breakfast about 9 then lunch and a second bottle at 11 and 2 ish-which she has first depends on naps and whether we're home or out and about. Dinner is about 5 and last bottle 7. Looking at your day I'd be inclined to upgrade the snack to a full dinner then drop either the late morning or the afternoon one. We've started giving food first at 11-12 so she'll eat more as not full with milk.

Around probably 12 ish months. The mid morning feed eventually moved to early afternoon, maybe around 10 months, before her nap as she wasn't interested in it so soon after breakfast. She continued to have a small feed late afternoon after she woke up but before dinner until 12 to maybe 13 months. I think so many people think when they start solids that it will mean less work, but actually you're really feeding them as much or even more than before, and it's probably more work for a bit. Even now, my daughter is nearly 4 and she still eats about every 2-3 hours, much like she did as a baby, but now it's mostly solids, with just one to two cups of milk a day. I would say when your LO is refusing a milk feed or stops showing interest in the next meal, it's time to move things around. It might not necessarily mean dropping a feed. It might just be a matter of re-arranging them so it works better and then seeing what happens.

My older 2 dropped to 3 bottles at around about 7/8 months and down to 2 at 11.5 months. Bottles would range from 5-8oz.

My youngest is breast fed so no clue how much milk he actually takes. He takes 2-3 decent feeds, 1-2 small feed and a few mini/just comfort to get back to sleep feeds. Generally he has -

6am - small feed
7:30 - mini breakfast (he is never all that hungry and just picks at a little bit)
9:30-10, snack
11 feed - ranges from small to decent.
When he wakes from nap at around 12:30-1, lunch.
3 - snack
5 - dinner
6:30 - supper
7:15 - decent feed
7:30 bed.
His night feed will be at any time between 10:30pm-2am. That is usually a decent feed. Then he might have 2 mini feeds or just go on to settle.

I am breastfeeding, but starting at about 9 1/2 months old my DD will only nurse 3 times a day and refuses the breast at all other times. She nurses before each nap and before bed. However she does wake 3-5 times (sometimes more) at night and I nurse her back to sleep.

My older 2 dropped to 3 bottles at around about 7/8 months and down to 2 at 11.5 months. Bottles would range from 5-8oz.

My youngest is breast fed so no clue how much milk he actually takes. He takes 2-3 decent feeds, 1-2 small feed and a few mini/just comfort to get back to sleep feeds. Generally he has -

6am - small feed
7:30 - mini breakfast (he is never all that hungry and just picks at a little bit)
9:30-10, snack
11 feed - ranges from small to decent.
When he wakes from nap at around 12:30-1, lunch.
3 - snack
5 - dinner
6:30 - supper
7:15 - decent feed
7:30 bed.
His night feed will be at any time between 10:30pm-2am. That is usually a decent feed. Then he might have 2 mini feeds or just go on to settle.

I could have written this.... My schedual is almost identical :)

We dropped the 4th bottle about a month ago... she now has a bottle when she wakes, one at 12pm and one at 7ish pm before bed, she's 7 months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->