When did your LO sit unaided?

Cupcake9596

Reaction score
Eva will be 7 months on Saturday and still does not sit unaided for more than a minute or 2. She will either fall to the side, or move herself onto her stomach. I see lots of other babies her age (and younger) confidently sitting for long periods of time and I'm just not sure when I should start to be concerned about it :shrug:

I don't know if they do it anymore but when my LO was young they had an 8 month check. I assume this is timed to give each child time to develop the skills that will be checked, but even then I don't recall sitting unaided to be on the checklist. I think my LO started reliably sitting unaided (so for more than a few seconds) at about 6.5 months but she would still unbalance and fall backwards for a good few weeks after that till she got stronger and her balance improved.

6 months with my first and 7 months with my second.

My first was 5.5 months and my second was about 6. But they all do things at different times, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. My son didn't roll over until he was 7 months old! At all! My daughter on the other hand was like 3 months. It varies so much.

9 months is the upper limit I believe

My son I would say around 6/7 months however my daughter was about 5 months crawling at 6 months and now at 10 months old is fully walking - she is not waiting around but then she has a big brother to chase! :wacko:

My sister is a childminder and she has a LB he is 9 months (exactly a month younger than my LG) and he is just sitting unaided

They all vary a lot try not to worry too much :hugs:

5.5m, 4.5m and 4m.
You say she sits for a minute or two? I wouldn't worry at all if thats the case. x

5.5 months, she can still be a bit wobbly now at 7 months though!

Thanks ladies. Just needed some reassurance that she's not majorly behind!

My first was sitting at 5.5 months. Baby #2 is nearly 6.5 months and just starting to sit unaided for a few seconds. He has severe reflux, and I've read that can delay sitting as it can be uncomfortable. It seems to be the situation here... it takes a lot of convincing to get him into the sitting position, as he much prefers keeping his body straight.

I've been worried about him being behind, but I'm trying hard to remind myself babies are different, he has reflux, and he's not delayed YET.

Sitting for a couple of minutes counts as sitting to me... Babies only have attention spans that are so long!

As long as they are doing it by 9 months, al is fine!

DS1 - 7 months
DD - 6.5 months
DS2 was a few days before he hit 5 months.

aaaah... I can so relate to you.. I was getting obsessed with my son not sitting by 7 months and tbh, i did a lot of research, took him to dev paediatricians and what not.. but he did everything when he had to :)

He could sit for minute or 2 - 7.5 months
Long sitting (10-15 minutes) - 8 months
Getting into sitting position himself - 10 months

as everyone said, 9 months for long sitting is the norm :)

Around 5.5/6 months I think but my friend's sons were later, around 7 or 8 months for them

6.5 months was when he truly got it, but even now at almost 7.5 months he has only just mastering not tipping over out of excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->