When did your nausea go away?

sil

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I got lucky in my first two pregnancies and never had any nausea. Unfortunately this third time I have a ton.

It went away at 12 weeks, but when I hit 14 weeks it came back with a vengeance. I'm now 14+4 and it's very bad at night.

When did your morning sickness subside? Did it keep coming back occasionally or did it stay away once it was gone?

I had MS from 6-7 weeks right through until about 18-19 weeks. It was worse between 7 and 15 weeks with the last 3-4 weeks feeling a bit sick with food aversions. I was on medication for a few weeks around 9 weeks which helped, but didn't get rid of it. I did find travel sickness bands helped.

Maybe speak to your midwife or doctor. They can advise on meds, vitamins etc that might help.

I hope you get some relief soon. MS is truly awful!

My first pregnancy, the MS ended around 11 weeks. This time it has stuck around the whole time ( I'm 39 weeks). I started taking antinausea meds nightly around 22ish weeks. I also have a heartburn med I take as needed when I get nauseous during the day (I don't have heartburn but it helps with the nausea). I take that 2-4 days of the week on average.

I hope you find some relief soon- don't be afraid to talk to your doctor though if it doesn't go away. I wish I would have me tioned things sooner because i was so miserable for months when it could have been avoided.

Iv had 4 so different! My 1st and 3rd I had it until about 12 weeks, 2nd was all the way through the pregnancy and 4th was about 16 weeks however I lost that one.

This time I'm 14 weeks and it's hit me like a ton of bricks!

My morning sickness changed from all nausea and no vomiting to less nausea and a fair amount of vomiting at 10 weeks. The regular nausea subsided from then on and mostly faded away at 12 or 13 weeks, with the exception of 'shortly before I threw up'. The vomiting more or less ended around 14 weeks with a scattered vomit here and there until 17 or 18. The last time I threw up might have been 19 or 20 weeks but I think I actually had a bug of some sort.

EDIT: I took Diclectin until 11 or 12 weeks which helped, but then pills of any sort started psychosomatically triggering vomiting. I haven't really been able to take pills since. I've only been trying in the last day or so and it's because I have to. (I'm on antibiotics)

Mine started at week 6 and has honestly only just started to subside at coming up 22 weeks. I felt dreadful until about week 17/18 (and I was on anti-sickness mess) and it's been subsiding ever since. I still get nauseous every day but it's not constant and it's not overwhelming, just irritating!

Everyone is different, it's hard to say when it'll calm down did you. I googled the living daylights out of 'when will it stop' but honestly, no-one can tell you when sadly. I was so upset at week 17 when I still felt awful and cried and believed it would never go away but thankfully it is now OK! Some people find it stops outright one day and some, like me, find it tails off over a few weeks!

Mine went around 16 weeks this time. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mine hasn't gone away yet ��

Just around 13 weeks both times. This time I was on unisom/B6 and weaned off it a week ago; had one bad day and it's been fine since then.

Got sick out of nowhere a week ago at 16 weeks. Hoping it's over now!

My first two it went away in early 2nd trimester but this one is still going strong if I stop my medication.

Mines still on going, it's not everyday now though which I'm thankful for!

The awful worst of the nausea and food aversions started at 6 weeks and went away between weeks 11 and 12. From 12 till about 16 weeks I felt random nausea and the odd aversion, now it has gone completely thank goodness!!

Mine still comes and goes at 24w1d.
I have quite a lot of food aversions which sets it off n makes me gag (even just thinking of certain foods) luckily i havent been actually sick since 15w

Midway through 14 weeks it started to subside. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and in the last few days I'm feeling even better. It's been a slow slog from 14 to now, slowly getting better but not a drastic change. I'm still on Diclegis but today I only took 1 pill.

Well mine has been back in full force since Friday with actual sickness last night. Today everything is making me gag :dohh:

25w tomorrow and still sick but I was diagnosed with HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) at 8w so mine is possible to last entire pregnancy.

Acupuncture helped me a ton with my nausea! It kept it at a tolerable level from 7 or 8 weeks on but only as long as I got regular sessions. It finally went away at 11 weeks but the gagging and dry heaving stayed strong. Random smells would make me sick without even feeling nauseous in my stomach at all. I still was able to mostly eat normal at that point though.
I am now 17+2 and it is finally easing off too, certain smells still make me work hard to not gag but it is manageable most of the time now.

Mine appears to be back this week at 22 weeks :( which I'm gutted about, I feel horrible and my stomach really hurts! I ran out of my free NHS vitamins on Friday, so I decided to just take my left over pregnancy ones (I couldn't stomach them early on as they are so large!). They are really high in iron, so I'm wondering if that's the cause.. going to stop taking them and see if I feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->